Position Title: Senior User Experience (UX) Designer. ( NO 3rd PARTY COMPANIES)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Assignment Length: 2-5 days per week for up to 2 months (determine by project milestone stage)
Estimated hours per week: 24 - 40 hours per week depending on the project milestone
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm
Assignment Location (Address): 100% remote - Must be located in DE, MD, PA, VA, NJ Must be able to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
One of the world's largest innovators of industrial gas and services to many industries including industrial, medical, chemical and electronic manufacturers. Inside our Innovation and Development Division (IDD), Digital & IT teams support AL's digital strategy based on Assets-Customers-Ecosystems (ACE) framework which is now being implemented across geographic regions and deep into business operations, leveraging a global data approach as a key asset.
In IDD, La Digital Factory (LDF) based in Paris, France is missioned with keeping company at the forefront of strategic areas of data, design, user research and software engineering. Digital Factory US (DF-US) is a newly established product design team working in coordination with LDF and our Innovation Center of Delaware to adopt this mission in partnership US stakeholders and digital teams to deliver value to the Americas.
Inside Digital Factory, the Senior UX designer will act as a part of a small DF-US design team, providing multi-disciplinary skills in visual designer, research and front-end development. Their core responsibility will be:
Project delivery and design excellence : she/he conducts design projects to success whatever their stage and maturity is by promoting design excellence at the highest design standard possible. He/She contributes to the project in order to secure the business impact and the delivery in the agreed framework in terms of resources, planning, and budget.
Key activities can include but are not limited to:
Supports the UX team in problem definition and solution design by providing insights into
- current capabilities and functionality across the product
- Preparing and facilitating framing workshops with multiple stakeholders
- Defining design challenges in relation with target business outcomes
- Creating prototypes and illustrate representations of user experiences, systems and products at different stages in the design process
- Conduct small-scale design research activities such as customer interviews to solicit the opportunity of a given digital solution
- User test proposed solutions with end user to validate design decisions and iterate on improvements
- Create UX design deliverables to support the work effort of teams and to ensure standard design practices are utilized and overall experiences are consistent.
- Approaches work from a mobile-first focus with a deep understanding of mobile standards and best practices amongst key influencers such as Apple and Android design systems
- Leverage UX research, site metrics, and or usability findings to back up assertions, make recommendations, and drive strategy.
- Ability to present designs, drive consensus and negotiate trade-offs effectively.
- Ability to work through complex design solutions and understand the technology and
- business rules that may lend constraints to design systems
The Senior UX and Product Designer reports to the Senior Manager, Product Design.
- He/she interacts with many players, in particular: Senior Manager Design, DF-US for design workshops, reviews, alignment for project scoping, governance and planning
- The Product Design team in LDF Paris as needed (user research, design and software engineers) for project coordination, product design vision, methodological frameworks and project steering; the business and operations stakeholders (from world business lines to hubs, clusters and affiliates) for the projects' implementation; the local IT teams for technical workshops, projects scoping and implementation;
Competencies and profile
3 to 5 years related work experience: UX / Service Design, Digital Product Design, design
- management, user-centered design, design agency, Product Management, etc
- Designing for ecommerce and data driven experiences
- Proven workshop moderation skills in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Proven track record of using design to influence and shape, products, organizations and strategic decision making.
- Proven design management skills across product life cycles
- Multi-skilled and flexibility, knowledge and experience at all stages of digital and non-digital design of products is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Google Suite Applications, Mural, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, etc.
Nice to have:
- Proven knowledge of Ergonomics for digital products
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/JS, GIT, SQL
- Fluent in French or Spanish (written and oral)
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Implemented in a user interface
- Applying user-centred design principles
- Specializing in user interface design and implementation for both web and native mobile applications
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Build and implement the user interface designs
- Develop product designs and wireframes for user interface to the product
- Develop new user-facing features
- Flow, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
- Create amazing web/interface user experiences and static graphic/infographic design
- Create wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs
- Develop user interface prototypes and mockups to specify how features
- Create esthetically pleasant and consistent user interface design elements
- Ensure a great user experience
- Assess development compliance to user interface designs and standards
- Initiate new interactive concepts across web/mobile
- Serve as a design point of contact for user interface projects
- Meet usability objectives and user requirements
- Interpreting user journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes and creating high-fidelity design specifications
- Collaborate heavily with engineering, management and other team members on user interface design, development and user experience
- Maintain a cohesive design system while defining new user interface patterns