THIS POSITION CAN BE PERMANENT REMOTE
The Social Media Manager will ensure the successful development and execution of a customer-first, content-led social media strategy for Kay Jewelers. This role will oversee the strategic planning and implementation of social media campaigns, activations, influencer marketing and ongoing content strategy across all major social media platforms.
Essential Job Functions/Accountabilities:
- Spearhead brand's social media strategy and implementation across social platforms with consumer experience top of mind
- Formulate and execute the content plan for all social media initiatives and manage the content planning tools and technologies to execute the plan
- Build leading-edge social media campaigns and creative
- Ensure content is aligned with customer-facing channels outside of social media (e.g., email, website)
- Serve as a leader on the Kay content team
- Manage influencer marketing, public relations and event activation in support of the brand
- Oversee social publishing, social listening, community management, social reporting and social tools for the brand
- Establish weekly social media and influencer performance report and derive insights to enhance content strategy
- Manage budget, agencies and partners to ensure successful implementation of social media strategy
- Think customer-first to drive omnichannel business results including positive brand perception, traffic and sales
- Conduct continuous evaluation of digital space, competitive landscape and emerging platforms, tools and technologies to drive enhancements to processes, content and measurement
- Review, analyze and report on effectiveness of social media and influencer efforts
- Manage and develop social media team and functions
- Collaborate with digital marketing, brand marketing, creative and corporate communications teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5-7 years social media marketing experience, including influencer marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field required; Master's preferred
- Direct experience managing paid and organic social media content and advertising for a national B2C brand
- Advanced knowledge of all major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat) including business/ad managers, as well as distinct social media tactics, ad types and specs
- Experience planning, sourcing and approving social-media first creative across multiple platforms, ad types and objectives, from awareness to conversion
- Exceptional communication skills
- Understanding of content consumption, social media and purchasing behavior
- Must be a self-starter who combines a high level of creativity and energy with strong project management skills
- Must care deeply about - and work to foster - positive team culture and collaboration, even amidst a challenging and demanding workload
- Ability to handle multiple projects and complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Willingness to manage social media opportunities and issues if they occur outside of traditional business hours
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality. Ability to identify emerging issues, quickly assess risk and escalate.
- Performing tasks in a sitting down position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements
- Lifting of boxes and/or files of weights less than 25 lbs.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.