Our client operates two sports and Casino brands; one focusing on the UK and European markets and the other which targets regulated US markets. Both are forward-thinking social sports betting apps that are highly differentiated from competitor brands and products in both markets. They combine free-to-play game mechanics with a mobile and social-first design and marketing strategy. After launching in 2017, the brand has achieved fast growth during its start-up phase and now, through its entry into the US market through a key partnership, is at the start of the businesses scale-up phase.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a business at such a pivotal stage in its development and to become an integral part of the ambitious growth business is set to achieve.
Reporting into the Paid Search Manager the SEO Specialist will be someone who has a steady grounding of both SEO and ASO and is now looking for a step-up in competing in one of the most difficult verticals in the world and growing the clients Search optimisation efforts from its infancy to best in class.
The role is to deliver the strategy and execution in the markets the business operates within for both web and app store search. You will be able to work autonomously and as part of a team to collaborate to the best result. You start as the sole hire for SEO/ASO and so must own this area and already possess a wide skill set of SEO and ASO (Onsite, Offsite Content, App Store Pages, App pages/infrastructure). You are now looking for their next challenge in a business that they can grow quickly in line with the growth of the business.
* Plan, develop and implement the business SEO and ASO strategy, Identify key ASO/SEO KPIs and set measurement frameworks
* Oversee the full end to end implementation of SEO/ASO initiatives, as well as Execution of SEO/ASO strategy to ensure the business appears at the top of search results in all applicable App stores and search engines for the targeted keywords.
* Co-ordinate and work with various external SEO Agencies as needed; sustaining strong relationships and fulfilment of the SEO agencies tasks
* End to end management of the content outreach and approval process with continuous detailed research on all aspects of SEO/ASO optimisation; including keyword research and implementing research in order to yield maximum and immediate benefit.
* Regular updates as to spot any trends or SERP movements on core keywords, also spotting opportunities in the market to improve organic growth. Conduct research on competitors and their ASO activities, conduct A/B tests using Google Play console, Apple Search Ads creative sets, Splitmetrics and other platforms, and leverage and contribute to the brand and content strategies to maximise SEO opportunities, co-ordinate and support content marketing initiatives
* Work closely with and report to the Paid Search manager to maximise opportunities across SEM and SEO, and collaborate with designers, developers and other areas marketing team members
* Monitor performance and KPI's across multiple toolsets, present weekly KPIs reports to line manager - showing tasks completed and proactive next steps taken to show progress achieved. Identify problems and deficiency and implement solutions in a timely manner, identify and write up reasonable solutions to technical SEO/ASO hindrances, suggest improvements in process and productivity optimisation
* Set-up and maintain SEO/ASO landing pages as and when required
* Outline initiatives and actions to be taken to mitigate risks, and education to the wider business in the importance of SEO/ASO
Skills & Interests
* Sets high standards of performance for self, combined with a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success combined with ability to work autonomously, while being self-motivated and able to use your initiative
* Highly organised with the ability to prioritise, fast learner and able to pick up new techniques and tools, analytical and able to read data
* Adaptable to change, while being a team player
* Must be able to work to and achieve tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
* Logical thinker with excellent attention to detail and excellent communication skills (oral and written),
* Excellent interpersonal skills and good time-management skills
* Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
* At least 3+ years of experience as SEO Manager or similar role
* BSc in marketing or similar relevant field
* Some experience in CRO or CX
* Proven hands-on SEO experience, covering content, on-site, outreach and tactical SEO strategies in competitive sectors
* Technical SEO and ASO understanding.
* Competitive verticals experience (iGaming, Finance, Health & Pharmaceutical)
* Demonstrable track record of developing and executing SEO relevant strategies (guest posting, link-bait, content, PR, social media) leading to noticeable improvement in organic rankings in different regions and across different language groups
* Familiarity in utilising the following tools to gain actionable insight: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Search Metrics, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic & Ranking Tools (Ranksonic, Moz, etc)
* Knowledge of sports betting and casino games