Founded in 1882 and based in North London, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club has a tradition of playing an entertaining and attacking style of football. The English Premier League Club reached the final of the UEFA Champions League for the first time in its history in the 2018/2019 season, having already secured qualification for Europe's elite competition for a fourth year in a row.
In April 2019, the Club opened a new 62,303-seat technologically advanced stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and as a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, rugby, concerts and other corporate and private events, is a key step towards catapulting the Club from a Football Club to a globally renown Sports and Entertainment brand. Within the stadium sits the Tottenham Experience - home to both Europe's largest Club retail store and a range of visitor attractions, including the newly launched stadium rooftop adventure, Dare Skywalk.
Tottenham Hotspur is proud to have a loyal and growing fan base of more than 460 million followers worldwide, including over 250 highly engaged official Supporters' Clubs.
This is an exciting time to join the Club as it continues on this incredible journey.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The Stadium has two main attractions that are open to the public, with plans to open more: self-guided Stadium Tours, and Dare Skywalk (which launched this summer).
The Club is searching for a Senior Marketing Executive to join the Marketing & E-Commerce team on a 13-month Fixed Term Contract. Reporting into the Commercial Marketing Manager - Retail & Visitor Attractions, the Senior Marketing Executive - Visitor Attractions is responsible for driving the marketing strategy, planning and delivery to maximise bookings across the existing attractions, and leading on any future launches.
There are big ambitions to grow Visitor Attractions, and you will be a critical partner to the business, working with your manager and the commercial team to build strong marketing plans to deliver the commercial targets. You will take these targets and translate them into comprehensive marketing briefs from which clear campaigns can be delivered. You will use your experience within the visitor or tourist attractions industry to seek and secure relevant above-the-line marketing activations (such as out-of-home, direct mail, local partnerships) and feed into a full 360 degree plan that considers both how to drive new fans and customers to the business and to grow value from the existing customer database through effective cross-sell and upsell opportunities. You will work closely with the digital marketing, CRM, content and social media teams, briefing in clear deliverables and targets, and manage the execution of your plan across these channels.
Flexibility in scope of role will be required alongside changes in COVID related restrictions, in that you may be asked to support in other areas of marketing as is needed.
- Support the Commercial Marketing Manager in setting clear goals and budgets, that align to business expectations
- Manage the Visitor Attractions marketing calendar day-to-day, ensuring it is fed into the global marketing calendar to always have a single source of truth on what is happening or planned at any given time
- Create comprehensive campaign plans and briefs that are commercial and customer-centric - pulling in relevant data reference points to help shape considerations, driven by clear outputs, and always keeping the customer mindset and experience at the centre
- Work with the Digital Marketing team to deliver business-wide sales-generating marketing campaigns for Visitor Attractions (including the launch of new attractions), ensuring they deliver on time and to budget
- Develop and implement strong retention plans across the existing Club database, working with CRM to identify key segments and maximising value from these through offering timely and relevant propositions
- Work closely with the Visitor Attractions operations team, ensuring that proposition, experience and messaging are strong and engaging, so as to attract the right audience
- Manage the Visitor Attractions website, ensuring it is kept up to date, easy to navigate and delivers the best experience for fans and customers - working with the Digital Platform Manager to implement digital best practice and for support in delivering bigger technology changes
- Regularly review and report on performance of marketing activity, showing ROI and sharing key learnings
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Communicates confidently and sensitively
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Is able to multi-task and work with a variety of key stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to inspire and lead others to achieve challenging results with a customer service focus
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in visitor or tourist attractions - driving marketing activity and sales is essential
- Previous marketing experience within a similar capacity.
- Track record of successfully delivering sales growth against commercial KPIs through implementing B2C marketing campaigns, from briefing and planning to execution and review
- Demonstrable understanding of the multiple channels across marketing, from traditional and out-of-home, to established and newer digital channels
- Planning marketing activity across multiple channels at the same time, to drive both online and offline actions
- Time spent working directly within a commercial team is a nice to have, but not required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- The ability to effectively interpret insights and research, and use this to influence campaign planning
- Good Excel and numerical skills, a strong data-centric and analytical mind, with the ability to use data to analyse issues, develop solutions and influence key decisions
- Commercially minded, making decisions based on tangible benefits whilst discerning the balance of risk with reward
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to positively engage and influence senior colleagues both within and external to the business
- A proactive self-starter with an ambitious spirit, able to work on multiple workstreams effectively and at pace, independently or collaboratively as required
- Drivers' license desirable, due to need to travel between office locations and stores...... click apply for full job details