- Demonstrable experience of planning and implementing SEO strategies and activities (either client or agency side)
- High level of competency in digital analytics and SEO reporting tools, – Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Link Building (e.g. Majestic SEO/Open Explorer) Crawler Software (e.g. Screaming Frog and Deepcrawl), Search Metrics, BrightEdge, Search Engine Business Listings (e.g. Google My Business and Bing Places)
- An understanding of customer acquisition and how SEO functions within the wider channel mix
- Strong project management skills: experience running several concurrent projects with multiple tasks/stakeholders across international markets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A cross functional collaborator; a keen collaborator, the role holder will work closely with stakeholders across the business to achieve shared goals.
- Creative problem solver - BMJ’s sites span a breadth of platforms, content types and business models. The role holder is able to understand these intricacies and find workable solutions to optimise the sites.
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organizational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focussing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
- Multiple discounts [from major stores] through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover
- Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in