Vitality, PR Manager, London, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.
As our PR Manager, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Ocado, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our PR Manager you will provide expert media handling advice and supporting delivery of the overall communications strategy and day-to-day press office. The role will focus on delivering high quality outputs that build, enhance and protect the brand profile of Vitality and its business leaders.
Responsibilities as our PR Manager:
- Support the development and delivery of the communications strategy and media plan across the Vitality portfolio
- Manage the Vitality press office together, creating frequent, balanced and quality coverage
- Develop creative and comprehensive communication/media plans that support the Vitality product portfolio
- Work closely with the PR agencies to coordinate activity in target markets and working with them to deliver on a plan
- Assist with the response to and management of the reactive crisis plan and reputational risk in the event of unfavourable media coverage
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists and influencers to drive earned media coverage
- Support senior business leaders with the management and development of their external profile through robust media engagement programmes
- Support thought leadership activity, communicating and positioning our areas of expertise and in depth knowledge to the media
- Continual integration of earnt media content, with related channels, including social media and SEO
- Develop relationships with senior business stakeholders and product owners, technical marketing, marketing channel owners and global Discovery partners
To become our PR Manager, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Relevant experience in PR and media
- Proven ability to manage and deliver against media engagement strategies and plans
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Confident and articulate verbal communicator and influencer
- Experience of speaking and working with journalists
- Experience of coordinating a press office and media relations activity for an organisation
- Ability to work with complex information and distil into PR angles that will attract media coverage and build brand awareness and reputation
- Proven ability of developing and demonstrating progress against communication and media plans
- Experience of media evaluation and reporting against PR plans and strategy
- Superior interpersonal skills, including experience of briefing, advising and supporting senior leaders
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th May 2020
Working for Vitality you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our PR Manager, then please click 'apply' today