After 30 years as the most loved baby lifestyle brand, Munchkin is launching a new adult brand, Curio. With modern and cutting-edge design, Curio will appeal to trend seekers who thrive on discovering new intuitive designs and appreciate form, function and fashion. Curio is looking for a dynamic Marketing Manager to join the founding team of this exciting new home and lifestyle brand.
This role will report to the Head of Marketing for Curio and support both Marketing and Product teams with day-to-day management of activities to help build and launch a new brand from the ground up. You will play a key role in developing marketing strategy and work cross-functionally to increase market share and achieve financial objectives. Specific responsibilities will include new product launches, promotional programs, channel development, competitive analysis, and vendor management.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Assist in the development and own end-to-end execution of the 360 marketing plan from strategy and briefing to launch and reporting
- Lead marketing projects to end consumers, including ad development, media planning, digital marketing, loyalty initiatives, social media programs, etc.
- Lead segment-specific new product launches from conception through execution (pricing, positioning, packaging, etc.), specifically in white space categories with high growth opportunity
- Work closely with the Product Design, Packaging and Development teams to bring innovative and compelling products to market on time and on budget backed by Consumer Insights
- Manage research process and reporting of consumer insights, product research, focus groups, and consumer surveys
- Monitor key trends, brands and competitors' performance across eCommerce and Brick and Mortar retailers, identifying ways to grow share, improve performance, drive reviews or fill gaps
- Make strategic growth recommendations through analyzing related categories and proposing line expansion opportunities for future development
- Manage external vendors and partners as appropriate, including the potential for initiating relationships, contract review, setting strategic goals, development of plans and following-through with accountability for results
- Ensure ideas and concepts align with marketing objectives and are completed in accordance with timelines
- Assist in gaining buy-in to product strategies at all levels, as well as executional commitment from internal partners to activate across key markets and key lines of business
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of prior marketing experience, preferably in D2C/eCommerce
- Small business experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of marketing mix and KPIs
- Ability to synthesize data and pull insights to create recommendations
- Strong presentation skills for senior management and retailer presentations
- Highly organized, independent and detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Strong time management, planning and project execution skills
- Demonstrated high levels of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
- Able to adapt to a continually evolving work environment and organizational structure