We are a privately operated manufacturer of industrial high-temperature bearings and sleeve products in Florence, KY. Since 2001, we have served the industrial power, oil, gas, and chemical industries with bearings designed to handle the most extreme applications. We have remained lean, motivated, and progressive with our ideas through that time, which has led to our long-term success.
We are currently searching for a Graphic Designer with the skills needed to work within an e-commerce framework for part-time employment. The candidate can work from home most of the time or at the office, whichever is preferred. Some on-site time will be required to accomplish job duties such as product photography or video production. Our office staff is small and spread out, with generous warehouse space for operating.
All High Temp Bearings Inc. employees provide a level of technical support to our customers either directly or indirectly and must develop knowledge of our core products. A basic understanding is essential to effectively communicate the benefits through visual displays, video, and written material. The graphic designer will efficiently develop content for a wide range of applications, including e-commerce product displays, social media posts, promotional videos, manuals, flyers, postcards, and swag using standard industry tools. This will be regularly transmitted to customers and, for many, it will be their first impression of our brand.
High Temp Bearings Inc. is offering a work from home, part-time (3 days/week, 8 hours/day) salary position. Benefits include: accruing paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, and schedule flexibility.
Education: BA, VPA, BFA, or BS in graphic design, communications, or other creative areas of study, or suitable job experience
Work experience: Open to any experience level. Must be able to demonstrate skills and a strong ability to self-manage. Prior work with industrial products is not required.
· All candidates must submit several original examples of prior art for consideration. Suggested examples in the portfolio include: graphic design artwork, web page or flyer layouts, photography, media such as icons or buttons, video, or other materials that show off your skills. Please provide a link(s) in your resume to your examples.
· Provide a resume detailing your qualifications and experience
· Create, update, and manage production graphics and layout used on e-commerce platform for individual product groups
· Take product photography and edit for use in new content
· Create promotional artwork for digital and physical distribution
· Create and upload promotional and technical video content on YouTube
· Update product manuals and technical data sheet layouts and artwork
· Occasional social media posting of new promotional artwork and videos
· Create display content for AdWords, BingAds, and Facebook PPC campaigns
· Work to produce a unified look and style across all published media
· Work with others and independently to create new media assets
Job Skill Requirements:
· Efficiently use Adobe Creative Cloud (Core: Ps, Ai, Id, Xd, Pr, Ae, Au) or other suites of suitable tools to generate professional content. (Creation of original artwork, photo editing, unique site graphics, video editing, and after effects)
· Create high-quality product photography with an understanding of proper staging and lighting
· Create HTML and CSS layouts for use within established site framework and formatting marketing e-mails. If external coding resources are needed, communicate pre-production layouts with adobe Xd or a similar alternative
· Comfortable using classic Microsoft office applications and stock Google Apps (Gmail, G-Chat, G-Drive) and any screen sharing application
· Ability to be on-time, manage personal timeline effectively, and keep the team up to date on large objectives
· During working hours, if working from home, regular communication over G-chat, Slack, and phone to exchange ideas (regular communication is part of the job every day)
· Effective communicator, able to accept constructive feedback and work with others without a design background
· Work during daytime business hours (M-F, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST)
Extra skills, but not required:
· Familiarity with Java or .Net coding, any experience that will help in getting content pushed quickly.
· Ability to use Blender, Z-brush, or other tools that will help make distinctive standout media within the industry.