Founded in 1929, Heinen's is a premier grocery store chain noted for its quality products and outstanding customer service. Thriving under the fourth generation of proven family leadership, Heinen's operates 23 stores (19 in Northeast Ohio and 4 in Greater Chicago, Illinois), three distribution and food production facilities, and a corporate office. Culturally, we place a heavy emphasis on quality of life for every associate within the organization. We offer this through a competitive compensation package, professional development and leadership opportunities, paid time off, and balanced work schedules.
Support and optimize our organization's digital marketing initiatives across various customer communication channels including email, social media and web. Duties for the Digital Marketing Coordinator will include email development, social media scheduling and monitoring, sourcing images and artwork, collating, proofreading and editing content, updating online assets, and handling general digital marketing activities.
Ideal candidates for this role should be creative and innovative, multimedia savvy, well-organized, excellent writers and communicators and have a passion for enhancing user experience and delivering on digital marketing objectives.
Digital Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Develop, QA and deploy email marketing campaigns, ensuring design and layouts of emails are optimized, accessible and user- and mobile-friendly.
- Proofread and edit email, social media and web content for clarity, grammar, spelling and AP Style.
- Schedule and post social media content on relevant platforms, and encourage customer engagement.
- Assist with monitoring customer engagement for all social channels, including responding to and fielding concerns and questions.
- Monitor and update local business listing information and hours as needed on various platforms, including Google My Business, Yelp and Apple Maps.
- Assist with website updates as needed, including regular weekly and monthly content changes throughout heinens.com.
- Support the team with gathering and organizing digital marketing campaign metrics to enable recommendations to improve or increase the success of our marketing efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a digital marketing role.
- Experience utilizing enterprise-level email service providers; proficiency with Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Comfortable examining and manipulating data in Microsoft Excel for basic analysis, QA, normalization and list building.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS as it applies to email and webpage development.
- Comfort in responding to tier one email support issues such as rendering, deliverability, and individual customer research.
- Experience using WYSIWYG editing tools and Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Photoshop or similar photo editing software.
- Knowledge of and experience with utilizing social media platforms, scheduling tools and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal presence, with additional demonstrated ability of appropriate tone in customer-facing digital communication.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines on multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative attitude with ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
Heinen's, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.