Communications and Social Media Assistant
Location: Ingliston, EH28 8LT
Salary: £20K-£24K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Would you like to join one of the most exciting communications teams in Scotland at a time when food, farming and the environment have never been more important?
Representing some 8,500 farmers and crofters across the country, NFU Scotland is the nation's leading agricultural lobbying organisation. Our mission is to promote and protect the interests of Scottish food, farming and crofting by influencing government, the supply chain and engaging with consumers.
To achieve this aim, NFU Scotland works across a dynamic and diverse range of print, online and social media.
What we are looking for:
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our communications team!
We're on the look-out for an enthusiastic person who has a relevant media graduate qualification or relevant experience to join our small communications team, where you will support our media, social media and campaigns, building on the excellent service NFU Scotland gives to its members and our engagement with other stakeholders and the public.
Your role will be to:
* Manage our social media accounts, producing engaging posts and interacting with stakeholders.
* Assist with the development of a multimedia approach including video production, infographics, news releases, articles and social media postings to promote NFU Scotland's activity and campaigns.
* Support the communications team in responding to member and media enquiries and the handling of any breaking news stories.
* Produce effective writing for a variety of media such as news releases, our membership magazine, social media posts and internal communications.
* Assist in the identification and response to Scottish food, farming and crofting stories to maximise coverage and brief our spokespeople.
* Look at engaging with other key stakeholders on joint promotional campaigns that support Scottish food, farming and crofting.
You will be part of a fantastic team and have the confidence to work independently and to tight deadlines.
For a taste of the exciting work you will be involved with, visit , view our NFU Scotland Facebook page or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. NFU Scotland's phone app is also available to download at the Apple store or through Google Play.
What's on offer:
* Flexible working
* 38 holiday entitlement per annum (including Bank Holidays)
* Generous contributed pension
* Membership of NFU Scotland, giving access to a range of benefits and discounts
* Free onsite parking
* Start date mid-January 2021
Under current guidelines, you would be working from home and flexible working arrangements can be agreed.
***You will be based in NFU Scotland's Head Office in Ingliston (near Edinburgh Airport), with regular travel throughout Scotland and the UK and occasionally beyond. A driver's license would be advantageous for this role. ***
Closing Date for applications: Friday 4 December 2020
interviews will take place virtually via Teams or Zoom at an agreed date and time.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on apply now forwarding an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter for consideration in the first instance!
No agencies please