Founded in 1882 and based in North London, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club has a tradition of playing an entertaining and attacking style of football. The English Premier League Club reached the final of the UEFA Champions League for the first time in its history in the 2018/2019 season, having already secured qualification for Europe's elite competition for a fourth year in a row.
In April 2019, the Club opened a new 62,303-seat technologically advanced stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and as a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, rugby, concerts and other corporate and private events, is a key step towards catapulting the Club from a Football Club to a globally renown Sports and Entertainment brand. Within the stadium sits the Tottenham Experience - home to both Europe's largest Club retail store and a range of visitor attractions, including the newly launched stadium rooftop adventure, Dare Skywalk.
Tottenham Hotspur is proud to have a loyal and growing fan base of more than 460 million followers worldwide, including over 250 highly engaged official Supporters' Clubs.
This is an exciting time to join the Club as it continues on this incredible journey.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. JOB PURPOSE
The Club is searching for a Marketing Manager to join the Marketing & E-Commerce team on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract. Reporting into the Head of Commercial Marketing, the Commercial Marketing Manager - Premium, C&E is responsible for the creation, planning, delivery of the marketing strategy to drive and generate sale leads for our premium (hospitality) and venue hire (conferencing & events) departments, and to support with strengthening engagement and retention especially across our premium customer base. You will support with the ongoing engagement and retention of Executive members through regular communications, ensuring that they are continually supplied with the most up to date information (directly and through the online hub).
You will be a critical partner to the Premium, Conferencing & Events business unit, working with them to build a marketing calendar and strong plans to deliver their commercial targets. You will take the agreed commercial terms and translate these into comprehensive marketing briefs from which clear campaign plans can be built and delivered. You will be responsible for seeking and securing above-the-line marketing activations (such as out-of-home, direct mail, local partnerships) as required to develop a full 360 degree plan that considers both how to deliver new sales leads to the business and drive greater engagement and retention from existing clients. You will work closely with the digital marketing, CRM, content and social media teams, briefing in clear deliverables and targets, to ensure activity is delivered through the required digital channels. Please note:
with the current COVID-19 restrictions on group gatherings, the Stadium remains closed for matches and large events. As a result the current focus of this role is on relationship building across our Executive members (Premium), and smaller team meetings. Flexibility in the scope of role will be required to adapt to changes in priority and scope, as and when government guidance changes.
The successful candidate may be required to work the occasional match day or event day, which will likely take place outside of office hours (time will be given back in lieu). Due to the nature of the industry, some out of hours working, including weekends, may be required from time to time.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion /belief, or sexual orientation. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
PERSON SPECIFICATION PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Work closely with Commercial stakeholders to set clear goals and budgets, ensuring the right level of visibility is given
- Build and maintain the Premium, C&E marketing calendars, ensuring it is fed into the global marketing calendar to always have a single source of truth on what is happening or planned at any given time
- Create comprehensive campaign plans and briefs that are commercial and customer-centric - pulling in relevant data reference points to help shape considerations, driven by clear outputs, and always keeping the customer mindset and experience at the centre
- Work with the Digital Marketing team and our catering partner to deliver business-wide sales lead-generating marketing campaigns for Premium, C&E, ensuring they deliver on time and to budget
- Support in the sale of premium packages for 3rd Party Events such as NFL and concerts
- Develop and implement strong retention, cross-sell and upgrade plans to maximise the value delivered to the Club from existing clients
- Manage marketing activity to support sales targets for Club events such as golf days, dinners and VIP trips
- Manage the premium and C&E websites day-to-day, ensuring they are kept up to date and deliver a premium experience for clients - working with the Digital Platform Manager to bring digital best practice onto these sites and for support in delivering bigger technology changes
- Support with the ongoing engagement and retention activity across Premium (Executive members), including preparations for match days (email and stadium communications)
- Regularly review and report on performance of marketing activity, showing ROI and sharing key learnings
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Communicates confidently and sensitively
- Is positive and resilient towards setbacks
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Is able to multi-task and work with a variety of key stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to inspire and lead others to achieve challenging results with a customer service focus
- Previous experience in the general, commercial or product marketing space (within the premium, hospitality or events industries preferred but not essential)
- Track record of successfully delivering fully integrated B2B marketing campaigns, from briefing and planning to execution and review (further B2C experience an advantage)
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to positively engage and influence senior colleagues both within and external to the business
- A degree within the marketing or e commerce field or equivalent
- Proven ability of delivering marketing campaigns that have delivered against commercial KPIs
- Demonstrable understanding of the multiple channels across marketing, from traditional and out-of-home, to established and newer digital channels
- Planning marketing activity across multiple channels at the same time, to drive both online and offline actions
- Budget management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as Excel and numerical skills, a strong data-centric and analytical mind, with the ability to use data to analyse issues, develop solutions and influence key decisions
- The ability to effectively interpret insights and research, and use this to influence campaign planning
- Commercially minded, making decisions based on tangible benefits whilst discerning the balance of risk with reward
- Well-organised logical and efficient; process-driven with outstanding project management skills
- A proactive self-starter with an ambitious spirit, able to work on multiple workstreams effectively and at pace, independently or collaboratively as required
- Experience of working within the sports industry is..... click apply for full job details