There's no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We're a team of 41,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You'll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
Positioned within the commercial team, you will be right in the centre of a fast paced team, working hand in hand with the buying team, building strong relationships with our biggest suppliers and working closely with all other functions across the Dixons Carphone business to build, plan and execute the customer and commercial strategy and develop our business for future growth.
We are building the future of Gaming in retail in the UK and we are looking for a talented team player who has a good understanding of Gaming. The Role will be the kingpin in our commercial team working with buyers, merchandisers and our marketing channels including our gaming colleagues in store to deliver a truly fantastic experience for gamers in UK.
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Ability to identify opportunities to develop multi layer partnerships
* Great communicator
* A good knowledge of the gaming industry
* Some experience in esports
* Being a gamer will be a distinctive advantage.
The role requires some travel abroad (post cv19) including E3 in LA representing CurrysPCWorld gaming team and attend supplier conferences.
As part of this role, you'll, be responsible for:
* Create the blueprint for the annual category strategy, helping define the guiderails for: target KPIs (CSAT, share, EBIT, stock), customer shopping journey, category proposition and the 'go to market' plan
* Support the squad in landing all major initiatives, including major new product launches, new merchandising solutions and changes to the customer journey online and in-store, liaising with relevant supporting departments to deliver right first time.
* Work with the central planning and brand & marketing function to develop in line with the annual events calendar the 'Go to market' strategy and plan for the category
* Bringing appropriate analytics and insight from the online and customer team to support decision making related to day to day trading, events and promotions and range changes to ensure the category are making relevant data driven decisions and plans
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Strong influencing skills and ability to manage several different stakeholders, at all levels, to deliver plans
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills to review data and provide recommendations/actions plans to drive sales, profit and cash
* Customer champion with excellent commercial awareness and understanding of customer needs
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it