We are looking for an enthusiastic Chinese speaking individual with a strong marketing background to join our Head Office on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will have had experience working in a fast-paced environment, strong organisation skills, strong interpersonal skills and be able to multi-task in a food / supermarket marketing environment.
Position: Marketing Officer
Location: Tottenham (N17)
Contract: Full time, Permanent
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum, depending on experience
Benefits: 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), staff discount, pension scheme
About the Role
As a Marketing Officer, you will work closing with the senior managers and our stores, support all stores and their team by coordinating closely with other internal departments and external suppliers, generating and analysing performance data / reports, following up on various project timelines, actions required, and other matters related to products.
Duties include but not limited to:
* Assist Buyers to communicate and follow up with suppliers on details related to products assigned in commercial calendar.
* Liaise with internal departments and stores on promotional campaigns, marketing materials, project timelines, follow up actions and other matters related to various product launches.
* Create, design and proof-read all marketing and merchandising materials (inc. posters, leaflets, customer correspondence, social media posts, advert scripts).
* Generate regular reports timely and accurately relating to store sales, inventory, category and special & seasonal events.
* Prepare marketing, promotion and advertising materials which include translating messages in both English and Chinese.
* Carry out a monthly visit to stores to check compliance of promotion and signage for promotions and pricing.
* Maintain a high standard of marketing materials used in store as agreed with senior management.
* Plan, organise, supervise and attend 'event days' (such as charity events, food demonstrations, store openings, promotion events, tradeshows and exhibitions).
* Produce event report with analysis and recommendations
* Utilise customer databases, customer communication, promote and manage Loon Fung's Membership Scheme, conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups.
* In conjunction with Purchasing department, monitor competitor activity and assist in the production of ongoing reports on competitor analysis (pricing, presentation and promotion).
* Provide data analysis, administrative, clerical support and other duties or tasks as assigned by senior management and perform any other duties as and when required by the business.
* Possess good knowledge, passion and awareness in Asian Grocery products is desirable
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is essential
* Previous administrative experience in a face-paced environment
* Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and analytical skills
* Able to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team
* Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple assignments promptly and accurately
* Ability to learn new skills independently to progress in work
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and externally
* Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and Adobe Photoshop
* Proficiency in Social Media platforms - inc. WeChat (Chinese), Facebook & Instagram
* Ability to be creative and transpose ideas into imaginative visual designs with impact
* Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and meet deadlines (may involve working outside normal hours)
* Degree in Marketing & CIM qualification advantageous with knowledge in content marketing theory & application, digital trends and a passion for online media
* Must have the legal right to work in the UK (without sponsorship)