Manage and promote business development and marketing efforts to expand and grow existing client relationships and to attract new clients to the Firm.
- Develop and implement Firm wide business development and marketing plans setting forth key strategies and tactics, including an annual planning calendar and key tracking metrics.
- Develop a rolling 90-day editorial content calendar, including a distribution plan through social media, blogs, e-mail, and other channels.
- Develop and manage Firm wide annual business development and marketing budget.
- Train and coach attorneys in business development techniques and how to identify and leverage business development opportunities.
- Collaborate with attorneys to develop individualized business development plans (including benchmarks and metrics) and assist the attorneys with reaching those objectives.
- Seek opportunities and make recommendations for Firm participation in sponsorships, conferences, tradeshows, speaking and writing opportunities, and other key initiatives, including strategizing with attorneys related to their participation in these events.
- Identify and develop relationship-building and brand awareness activities for existing and prospective clients, including planning and coordinating receptions, educational seminars, charitable events, and other activities designed to raise the Firm's profile.
- Manage and update databases utilized by the Firm for business development and marketing and generate reports as requested.
- Oversee the Firm's marketing campaigns, including seasonal initiatives.
- Maintain Firm's mailing lists.
- Manage the Firm's website, social media platforms, other digital communication channels, and print materials, which includes drafting and updating content and images, evaluating effectiveness, and working with outside technical and design providers.
- Prepare and manage public relations activities and communications, including press releases and other Firm announcements.
- Conduct business development research for client meetings, proposals, and conferences.
- Prepare pitch materials, proposals, and responses to RFPs.
- Track and report survey and ranking opportunities and assist with coordination of data for related applications.
- Create internal awareness of marketing and business development activities, including facilitation of communication between and within practice groups and offices.
- Identify practice groups which need business development/marketing support and develop appropriate plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Shareholder, Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Directors, and other supervisory personnel.
- 2-5 years of marketing and business development experience in a professional services environment (law firm preferred).
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills, including content writing such as articles and blogs.
- Polished interpersonal communication skills and ability to build rapport and collaborative relationships.
- Business sense and financial acumen, with the ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Experience working in basic website management and social platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Access and other databases, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in marketing, sales management, or business.
- Intermittent travel by car or plane, including overnight stays to the Firm's and clients' offices.