ABOUT THE KINGSWOOD COMPANY:
The Kingswood Company is a 60-year-old company and a leading consumer products manufacturer located in Columbus, OH. We serve some of the best-known retailers and brands in the world, and are seeking qualified candidates for a newly created position of Brand Manager.
Launched in 2019 and selling over $1.5 million at retail in its first full year, our consumer brand has the right products, management support and foundation to grow exponentially. Our company is an industry leading, global, consumer products manufacturer that is looking for our next superstar who is ready, willing, and able to do what it takes to help us grow this brand to its next level.
We are currently selling this brand in 500 retail stores across North America, and have already been awarded another 500 doors in the next quarter. With a goal of growing both traditional and e-comm channels, we need a candidate who has digital marketing experience, is very comfortable with excel or is willing to add to their skillset, with major analytical skills, project management experience and the energy to keep up with today's ever-changing retail demands.
Growing our business in the "Fortune 1" is an opportunity for major development and growth -for our company, but also for this candidate. Take a seat at our table, and see your efforts directly influence and contribute to the growth of a product that is already in over 250,000 homes in North America - and we are just getting started!
This role is for someone who wants to own all aspects of this brand's development to help grow the brand exponentially in the next 5 years. No one day will be the same for this candidate while working on a cross-functional basis both internally and externally.
Key elements of the job are:
- Act as the Brand Manager for our Gem Glow brand ()
- Own the developing, planning and executing of digital marketing and advertising strategies to increase brand sales, with the support of our in-house design team
- Analyze sales data via the vendor portal to provide insight and opportunities to increase sales for the Gem Glow brand
Our Brand Manager will offer a demonstrated ability to:
- Effectively communicate clear decisions, next steps, and accountability in verbal and written form, using strong presentation skills
- Offer instinctive intellectual curiosity, with the drive to ask questions and learn more
- Have the ability to think big, delivering innovative strategic solutions (with a nod to a limited budget)
- Interpret and present data for executive-level presentations
- Be the "Voice of the Shopper" in all marketing meetings, demonstrating a level of understanding of the habits, needs and purchasing habits of our current and target customer
- Bring thoughtful perspective, based on data, that will help shape brand initiatives and go-to-market strategies
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or data analytics
- 3-5 years of relevant brand marketing or analysis experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience in CPG industry, preferably in cosmetic or jewelry products is a plus
- Experience that has developed strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and financial acumen
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of marketing and consumer promotions
- An advanced working knowledge of search marketing (e.g. Google, YouTube, Facebook, etc.),
- Experience with Google Ads Expert Mode a plus
SEO / SEM (30%)
- Oversee all aspects of our digital marketing for our Gem Glow brand.
- Optimize brand website and partner online product listings for SEO/SEM.
- Create and execute strategies to drive improvements in our brand SEO both on the brand site and on other non-owned sites.
- Evaluate important metrics that affect our website traffic, and utilize data to drive decisions and improvements in site performance.
- Oversee and execute the day-to-day customer acquisition and brand campaigns across all SEM platforms.
- Create and execute strategies to drive increases sales through effective SEM utilizing Facebook, Google, YouTube, and other online options.
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets for Facebook and Google advertising, email marketing, etc.
Marketing Strategy & Execution (40%)
- Plan and manage social media strategies, using the talents of our in-house design and creative team.
- Creating/Reviewing and posting content that is strategically aligned with brand voice and sales initiatives.
- Prepare periodic and accurate reports on overall performance of our marketing efforts in order to effectively determine strategy success, and adapt and modify as needed.
- Assist with product management and product development projects.
- Offer data-driven insights into the design of retail packaging.
- Continuously monitors business and brand health performance using internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance.
Sales Data Analysis and Sales Support (30%)
- Utilization of the vendor portal to gather relevant sales data, running reports to identify both high and low performing stores and skus, and opportunities for improvement across all stores, and other analysis to drive sell through and improved performance.
- Developing a thorough understanding of our vendor portal in order to stay up-to-date on all compliance, distribution and other requirements mandated by our customer.
- Participate in all meetings with buyers and our management team, focusing on new products, mod-design, sell-through, replenishment and growth opportunities.
- Prepares annual sales forecasts by sku, and conducts forecast-to-actual analysis on a periodic basis, identifying issues and solutions.
Full Time: 45+ hours per week.
Office Hours are Flexible, ideally between 9 AM and 6 PM, Monday - Friday.
Hours worked will be on-site, in our office, currently located off 670 East, near the airport. Very limited travel required - possible meetings in Bentonville, NY or Vegas when business travel resumes in the future.
Our office will be moving to a new spacious facility in May of 2021 off 71 and Greenlawn!
This position will report directly to our CEO and Creative Director.
Compensation is $50,000 - $65,000 per year, plus incentive compensation.
An acceptable Drug and Background check through the Company's provider will be required upon acceptance of your offer. This will be paid for by the Company.
HOW TO APPLY:
IF you meet the qualifications, please submit your RESUME and COVER LETTER indicating your interest in the position to .
Visit our brand website at to learn more about our growing brand.
The Kingswood Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO STAFFING AGENCIES:
Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact TKC directly in an attempt to present candidates. TKC will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to TKC, in any manner, will be considered TKC property. TKC will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. TKC will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.