Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH, currently has an opportunity for an Associate Brand Manager to support our Ensure business. This person will be responsible for managing and executing short and long term business tactics and strategies to effectively support innovation and business plan objectives for the Ensure brand. Responsibilities include supporting new product launches, project management and helping to achieve profit margin/business plan objectives. Developing and managing relationships and communications with internal partners and external customers is key. Additional responsibilities include delivering on strategic initiatives, business analysis, and budget management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create and execute marketing plans that accelerate growth on the Ensure brand; with emphasis on partnering with our retail teams to develop joint business plans that grow sales and margin for both Ensure and our retail customers.
- Lead the development of retail launch plans for Ensure's innovation; including retail displays, shopper marketing programs, trade funding principles, and consumer coupon promotions (FSI, Catalina, Retail Loyalty Card Programs).
- Analyze and monitor brand and competitive performance to identify new opportunities and potential risks to the business; evaluating secondary and primary data to develop holistic understanding on business and market influencers.
- Partner with e-commerce team to develop profitable growth plans that integrate into retail brick and mortar customer strategy.
- Partner with Market Research on studies that are needed to better understand internal and external business drivers and make decisions on brand plans.
- Manage the retail budgets to spend to commitments and make adjustments to spend to maximize sales growth and performance.
- Partner with the S&OP team to help manage and monitor demand forecast and supply choices
- Lead ideation and execution of minor innovations for retail (Labels, Pack-Sizes, Claims, e-comm packs, etc).
- Collaborate cross-functionally (Marketing peers, R&D, Finance, Sales, Legal, Regulatory, etc) to ensure successful development and execution of marketing plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- 3+ years of marketing experience consumer packaged goods and/or healthcare products industry.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and success in project management.
- Proven success in managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously; including new product launches.
- Strong analytical skills, including business and financial analysis, with the skills to develop and defend recommendations and telling a story using data.
- Advanced level PC skills to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and presentation capabilities with the ability to clearly, concisely, and confidently articulate strategies to a diverse audience of peers, senior leadership, and external partners.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to attain business objectives.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- BA/BS Degree in field relevant to marketing or analytics. MBA preferred due to the business complexity and strategic focus of the position.
- Experience working with retail customers and sales organizations
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on