- Job Reference:56812
- Date Posted:
- Location:Leicester, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Applications have closed
We have an exciting opportunity to join our SEO team as a Trainee SEO Executive!
As a Trainee SEO Executive at Next your main focus will be to assist with the SEO activity across our Total Platform family of websites, including brands such as JoJo Maman Bebe, Gap,Victoria Secrets & Reiss.
You will learn to be the internal SEO champion at Next and you will have a hands-on role, but will be supported in your training and progression by the wider Total Platform SEO team.
You will learn to develop and implement on-page and off-page strategies and campaigns and you will assist with sitewide audits. The ideal candidate will have SEO and analytics knowledge.
This role is based at our Next Head Office in Enderby, Leicestershire and we can offer hybrid working.
About the role
- Assist with the delivery of the SEO strategy that maximises market visibility and traffic acquisition
- Maximise ethical link building opportunities through the use of various outreach techniques
- Propose new ways of utilising content in a way that meets our business KPIs
- Monitor progress of the SEO strategy and adapt to achieve maximum growth and visibility for Gap
- Research new SEO opportunities on an on-going basis and keep up to date with Google algorithm updates
- Conduct detailed competitor analysis
- Help to analyse organic performance using our web analytics package, rank tracking and link tools
- Generate weekly and monthly reports using main KPIs
- Assist the SEO Lead to manage a variety of projects and campaigns for other brands assisted from GAP
- 1+ year SEO/digital experience, within an in-house or agency team.
- Understanding of analysing SEO trends and opportunities, and providing and implementing recommendations to improve visibility within SERPs
- Great communication skill with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the business
- Analytical/reporting skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of search engine best practices i.e. Google, Yandex
- Ideally have experience working with tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, Searchmetrics and MajesticSEO
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, return on investment environment
- Team player with personal characteristics that instil trust and confidence
- Comfortable within a changing and developing environment
- Ability to take on responsibility for own projects
- Must have flexible attitude and the ability to work under pressure
- Fashion / lifestyle industry background
- Copywriting skills that reflects the brands tone of voice
- Knowledge of other online marketing channels i.e. PPC, PLAs
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About Some of Our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria’s Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.