Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, along with The Simpsons and much more. In select international markets, it also includes the general entertainment content brand, Star. The flagship direct-to-consumer streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, Disney+ offers an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series, and short-form content. With unprecedented access to Disney’s long history of incredible film and television entertainment, Disney+ is also the exclusive streaming home for the newest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
Disney+ is available as a standalone streaming service, as part of the Disney Bundle in the U.S. that gives subscribers access to Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, or as part of Combo+ in Latin America with Star+, the standalone general entertainment and sports streaming service in the region. For more, visit disneyplus.com, or find the Disney+ app on most mobile and connected TV devices.
The Growth Marketing team is tasked with driving new subscriber acquisition & driving Disney Streaming’s profitability business objectives for Disney+ and The Disney Bundle. The team is responsible for the planning, execution, and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel.
The Senior Manager, Affiliate Marketing will play a critical role in growing and scaling subscriber acquisition for Disney Streaming by leading a fast-growing, global affiliate marketing program. Specific responsibilities will include developing and driving the strategy and vision for the channel, building partnerships with vendors, publishers, and all kinds of affiliates (from premium editorial publishers to specialty fan sites, streaming guides to high-quality incentivized and cashback models, card-linked offer networks and strategic brand partners), and optimizing campaigns and budgets to support The Walt Disney Studios’ content releases on Disney+ and The Disney Bundle. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative and flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be crucial to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who wants to be at the forefront of digital innovation and growth. This is a highly collaborative role which will work across the Disney business as well as high-profile external partners.
- Lead our global affiliate marketing team and agency for Disney+ and The Disney Bundle, directly leading our more junior team members to drive successful team results
- Develop and implement strategies to drive profitable subscriber acquisition, conversion and efficiency via affiliate marketing program for Disney+ and The Disney Bundle
- Drive recruitment and business development efforts to identify and establish relationships with new affiliate partners, including editorial publishers, affiliate networks, high-quality incentivized and loyalty programs, card-linked offers, and brand-to-brand partnerships
- Develop and implement strategy across affiliate marketing channel including sell-in documents, bounty and payout models and contracts, and campaign management
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams like brand, legal, PR, paid media strategy, and design for campaign approvals and coordination, as well as regional marketing teams for localization of campaigns and local affiliate recruitment if applicable
- Regularly analyze data and metrics to identify key opportunities to improve performance, increase scale, and enhance efficiency of marketing spend to help achieve Disney Streaming’s profitability business objectives for Disney+ and The Disney Bundle
- Develop robust test & learn plan to improve performance and marketing spend efficiencies, based on data & analytical insights
- Own direct relationship with top affiliate partners and external vendors/agencies
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact campaigns and initiatives
- Drive innovation with partners to get them excited to promote our first-class streaming services and beloved content
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven understanding of the affiliate space and familiarity with all affiliate partner types (editorial, cashback, card-linked offers, strategic brand partners, etc) and how to optimize partnerships to drive performance across various affiliate models
- Experience working on global brands or with affiliate partners both within the US and internationally
- Highly analytical approach with an understanding of acquisition funnel, performance marketing KPI’s, and profitability levers
- Excellent Excel and Google Slides/PowerPoint skills
- Strategic self-starter with ability to navigate cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of driving projects from start to finish
- Strong partner or client leadership skills
- Passion for innovation, creative problem solving, and building positive relationships with both internal and external partners
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and multifaceted environment
- A strong team leader with prior experience directly leading teams and external vendors, in addition to ability to lead upwards with internal Disney executives
- Excellent communicator with a can-do, positive demeanor and a strong desire to get things done
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
- Passionate about streaming, TV and general entertainment
- Familiarity with other paid media channels such as Display/Programmatic, Paid Search, App-based marketing, Paid Social, and Influencer Marketing
- Prior experience working for a global enterprise business with a subscription model
The hiring range for this position in New York is $138,000 to $224,300 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.