- Job Reference:R024736
- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:Cancer Research UK
- Location:Stratford, UK
- Workplace:Hybrid Working
- Specialism:Social Media
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:£42,000 - £48,000 GBP / Year
- Applications have closed
Social Media Specialist – CancerTools.org
Location: Stratford, London (high flex – we would expect you to be in the office 1-2 days per week).
Salary: £42,000 – £48,000 pa depending on experience + benefits
Contract Type / Hours: Permanent / Full time 35 hours per week – We’re open to a variety of ways of working, including full time, part time, job share and compressed hours.
Application Deadline: Thursday 18th May at 23.55. This vacancy may close earlier if a high volume of applications is received or once a suitable candidate is found, so please do not delay submitting your application to avoid any disappointment.
At Cancer Research UK, we exist to beat cancer
We are professionals with purpose, beating cancer every day. But we need to go much further and much faster. That’s why we we’re looking for someone talented, someone innovative and ambitious, someone like you.
About the team
CancerTools.org, the research tools arm of CRUK, is a non-profit, global community of cancer researchers, academic institutes, and professional societies, with a shared mission to accelerate cancer research. With a history of more than 40 years of managing and providing reagents to both academic and for-profit laboratories around the world, CancerTools.org has been steadfast in its mission of accelerating cancer research by making research tools widely and easily available.
What will I be doing?
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for designing and executing an end-user centric social media engagement strategy for CancerTools.org whilst working with digital marketing and product management groups. You’ll manage the daily scheduling of content, engagement with organic audiences, and measurement of performance of CancerTools.org social media channels to help deploy solutions & tools that add value.
Key duties include:
- Maintain CancerTools.org’s active presence on social platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Post high quality and engaging content, including all aspects of copy and imagery/video, and tagging that builds meaningful customer connections, increases brand awareness, and encourages members to engage with the brand
- Maintain an organic social media content calendar for each of the active channels
- Coordinate with the Digital Marketing Manager and Product Managers to ensure social calendar aligns with overarching marketing plans and events
- Support the product team to tell stories, working cross functionally to understand customer insight and needs across audience, product and research areas.
- Lead and execute paid social media campaigns in coordination with digital marketing and product management
- Develop and execute the annual social media plan, including overall strategy and industry best practices to enhance audience engagement
- Create monthly, quarterly, and campaign-specific social media measurement reports with in-depth analysis that will drive future growth and strategy
What skills are we looking for?
- Previous proven experience in a similar role ideally within the life science or med tech sector
- Ability to develop and execute influential, compelling and effective social media plans
- A solid knowledge and understanding of social media, including best practices that enable audience engagement and brand affinity
- Good understanding of product positioning based on value proposition and voice of customer
- Ability to develop a vision, plan and tell stories to inspire, educate and engage target audiences
- Familiarity with basic design tools like Photoshop and Canva
- Excellent knowledge in executing social media campaigns, online best practices, and paid advertisements
- Adept in social media analytics tools and trends
What will I gain?
Each and every one of our employees contributes to our progress and is supporting our work to beat cancer. We think that’s impressive.
In return, we make sure you are supported by a generous benefits package, a wide range of career and personal development opportunities and high-quality tools, policies and processes to enable you to do your job well.
Our benefits package includes a substantial retirement plan, a generous and flexible leave allowance, discounts on anything from travel to technology, gym membership, and much more.
We review pay annually and aim to recognise individual performance and achievements.
We don’t forget people have lives outside of work too and so we actively encourage a flexible working culture.
Our work – from funding cutting-edge research to developing public policy – will change the world. It’s exciting to be part of our team.
How do I apply?
We operate an anonymised shortlisting process in our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. CVs are required for all applications; but we won’t be able to view them until we invite you for an interview. Instead, we ask you to complete the work history section of the online application form for us to be able to assess you quickly, fairly and objectively.
For more updates on our work and careers, follow us on: Linked In, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.