- Date Posted:
- Location:Sydney, NSW
- Specialism:Social Media
- Job Type: Full Time
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts!
About the team:
Keen to work with the best marketing minds in the region on the biggest consumer opportunities? Look no further than Uber. We’ve come a long way over the last 10 years, from small beginnings launching Uber Black in Sydney, all the way through to launching the brilliant food delivery brand with Uber Eats from Taiwan to Tokyo. We #BuildWithHeart – everything we do is to surprise and delight our users.
About the role:
The Uber Global Social team is looking for a full time social media producer to lead social content creation and social handles management in your local market across Uber social channels. This is an incredible opportunity to work closely within Uber’s Global Social Team and our local Comms, Marketing, and other Uber teams to invigorate and grow Uber’s organic social footprint in your market, inserting and engaging Uber authentically into the local cultural conversation for brand lift.
Your impact in role:
- Develop and execute the Social Media calendar for ANZ as well as creating organic social videos, graphics, captions and copy for posts on the local channels.
- Lead a small social media team in ANZ and work closely with local and global stakeholders across Comms, Product, Marketing, Social Impact, and the Policy team.
- Consult to various Campaign Teams in developing social-forward content supporting their Integrated Marketing Campaigns and helping those campaigns to come to life on the organic handles.
- Run the local social media accounts, ensuring content is published daily and Community Management efforts are effective.
The experience you’ll bring:
- A track record of creating and promoting social media content, with an ability to nimbly tell and promote stories in an engaging social-endemic manner.
- Professional-level experience with Canva, Adobe Premiere video editing, AfterEffects, and Photoshop. Final Cut experience is a plus. Ability to turn around edits quickly.
- A deep understanding or professional experience with social media platforms, including Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok.
- Experience with social video publication tools and in-app editing functionalities on Instagram, and tools like Sprinklr and BrandWatch.
What’s in it for you?
Uber’s culture and values are at the core of everything we do so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game-changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and well-being. These benefits have been designed with #OneUber in mind, supporting the whole of you and the way that you work best.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever is applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return-to-work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let’s face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey – At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing – depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
The benefits mentioned here, to the extent they are in addition to those minimum statutory requirements, are provided at Uber’s sole discretion and are subject to change in the future. Terms and conditions may apply to each benefit.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.