- Date Posted:
- Specialism:Social Media
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration:6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Applications have closed
Contract type: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: New Broadcasting House, W1
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref:1354 in the subject.
Please note that we are unable to respond to all applicants.
Do you know your social media inside out? Can you create and curate world-class digital content for one of the biggest shows on the BBC? We’re looking for candidates who can lead production of digital-first content for the One Show and grow the programme’s social following. Embedded within the One Show’s TV production team, the successful applicant would have unparalleled access to our content and lineup, to create exclusive, premium output.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Establish excellent communications with TV’s Social, Marketing and Audiences colleagues and collaborate with them to ensure the most effective promotion of content.
- Measure success against agreed metrics and KPI’s and provide regular reports for senior management.
- Monitor social networks for potential threats or opportunities, working closely with the BBC’s moderation teams, escalating appropriate referrals to the Head of Social for BBC Studios.
- Be familiar with the BBC’s editorial guidelines and address any potential issues making sure all content is compliant for BBC channels. Consulting when necessary with the BBC Ed Pol Adviser for Digital and the Head of Social for BBC Studios.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Shoot and edit standalone content as required.
- Line manage a Social Media Executive, setting and communicating clear objectives, motivating them to produce their best work and giving regular performance feedback.
- Remain positive and motivated throughout the production process, responding resiliently in the face of rapidly changing circumstances
Knowledge, Skills, Training & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing successful social media strategies for long-running brands.
- They will have an impressive track record of creative achievement, producing content for young audiences and driving innovation within a digital space.
- They will have previously overseen a portfolio of social media accounts and have successfully grown communities across a number of different social media platforms.
- They will be a confident manager, motivating the Social Media Executive, setting goals and providing regular feedback.
- They will have a collaborative and proactive approach, working in partnership with senior editorial colleagues on the One Show and the BBC’s channel social teams to deliver high quality output that is both distinctive and great value for money. They will be able to spot opportunities to develop the One Show’s social offering and constantly strive to engage and attract followers.
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.