- Job Reference:10059603
- Date Posted:
- Location:London, UK
- Specialism:Social Media
- Job Type: Full Time
The core contribution of this role is to ensure TWDC social media content, accounts and platforms are primed for success by supplying teams with the framework, guidance and tools they require to deliver best-in-class social media output.
Reporting into the Director of Social Media UK & EMEA, you will set the standard for all TWDC social media accounts to adhere to, advising EMEA markets and UK lines of business on social media best practice whilst setting clear guidelines and processes to facilitate understanding, consistency and cohesion across EMEA markets and UK lines of business.
You will establish, grow and maintain day-to-day relationships with Disney’s client partners across all key social networks including Meta, YouTube, X, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest and Reddit, working with them to maximise our presence on these platforms, and exploring opportunities to test new products and features. You will plays a critical part in developing and leading Disney’s social media platform strategy, across EMEA as well as advising on which platform features should be adopted and setting and overseeing onboarding processes for new and emerging platforms.
The ability to develop and form strong relationships with social media leads across the region is key to this role with local teams looking to them for updates, advice and support, as well as advocating their needs to the wider business. Additionally, this person will be dealing with multiple stakeholders across UK lines of business throughout the EMEA region, so an understanding and ability to communicate complex information to in a clear and simple way will be vital.
The Opportunity and Responsibilities
- Leading on EMEA social governance projects, platforms, playbooks and best practice social guidelines, working closely with the Director, Social Media as well as Legal, Compliance and other Disney teams
- Leading EMEA project management for tech solutions used by social media teams (e.g. LastPass; Emplifi; Tubular Labs; Brandwatch & Labelling/taxonomy projects)
- Responsibilty for driving the relationship with TWDC’s social media management platform, Emplifi and ensuring uptake and usage across EMEA markets
- Being a regional point-person for EMEA social teams, hosting a monthly social media call to provide updates and encourage sharing across the region, in addition to monthly 1:1 sessions with social leads from the top 5 markets
- Working with the Global Social Media team in Burbank to ensure alignment with wider TWDC global strategy.
- Building strong relationships with platform partners and keeping upto date on the latest platform developments, ensuring they are clearly communicated across the region. Resolving any platform related queries or issues, escalating to platform partners if required
- Actively sourcing opportunities to test, learn and trial new social media products or platform features, ensuring Disney is first to be considered for products in alpha and BETA phases
- Developing streamlined reporting processes across paid and organic campaigns, overseeing performance reports and post-campaign reporting (PCAs) for cross-company projects and initiatives; formulating frameworks for standardised benchmarking
- Act as a social media consultant for wider Disney teams, helping them deliver best in class social media projects which balance driving engagement on Disney channels, whilst delivering on broader business objectives/goals. Work in a collaborative manner, ensuring UK & EMEA requirements are met
- Manage a Social Media Supervisor, UK & EMEA and Social Media Reporting Intern, UK & EMEA (year long placement) overseeing their development and growth
- Keeps abreast of the evolving digital landscape and share knowledge and guidance to further develop the digital expertise of the broader team
- Works with the Director, Social Media UK & EMEA to ensure all projects come in within the approved LOB budget, achieve/ exceed benchmarks and are delivered on time.
The Experience We Require From You
- Experience working in social media (client and/or agency)
- Interested in all aspects of digital (products, platforms, search, technology, etc)
- Data and process driven
- Ability to adapt quickly, manage stakeholder needs across a complex matrix organisation
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Experience of working with both paid and organic social media campaigns
- Can understand live paid social media campaigns from start to finish – working with the in-house and agency performance teams to advise on reactive optimisation to deliver the most efficient and effective campaigns
- Strong editorial/ copywriting skills and an ability to identify and ideate strong creative concepts
- Ability to manage workloads and distribute responsibilities of junior team members.
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Disney+ Subscription
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group – ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
This position requires you to be in the office 4 days per week.