The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other iconic green spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for a Social Media Manager to join us on a full-time basis, for a fixed-term contract until 18th October 2024.
- A salary of £30,701 – £36,830 plus the on-call allowance of £3256.
- 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
This is an outstanding opportunity for a social media professional to elevate their career with our historic organisation.
You’ll have the chance to contribute to the digital presence of world-renowned locations like Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, delivering a social media strategy that will enhance the public’s understanding of our vital work in nature, wildlife, heritage and wellbeing.
So, if you’re ready to showcase your creativity as our go-to social media expert, then apply today!
As our Social Media Manager, you will oversee all things social media, growing our supporters and increasing people’s awareness of The Royal Parks.
Delivering the social media strategy, you will curate and schedule content and information around the parks and our key areas of nature, wellbeing, history and heritage.
You will also respond to customer queries on topics such as park opening times, road closures and wildlife, plus any park issues.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage all our social media channels
- Build relationships with influencers and followers to amplify our messages
- Measure, analyse and report on social media channel and content performance
- Train colleagues in social media tools and techniques
To be considered as our Social Media Manager, you will need:
- Experience in social media roles, co-ordinating activity across multiple platforms
- Experience using social media data to evaluate activity and influence decision making
- Proficiency with social media management tools and analytics
- A degree, equivalent qualification or equivalent experience in digital and social media
Other organisations may call this role Digital Marketing Manager, Online Marketing Manager, Social Media Marketing Manager, Content Creation Manager, or Social Media Content Manager.
We want to put everyone in the best possible position to succeed and use Recite-me accessibility software. At the top of the application page, there is an “Accessibility Tools” button which you can use to complete the application form in a way that works for you. If you think that you may need more support to complete our application process, please do get in touch.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please click here to find out more on our approach to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
So, if you are interested in this unique opportunity as a Social Media Manager, please apply via the button shown. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.