At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
We are looking for a Social Media Lead to join our Marketing, Brand and Comms Group in London. This role is an opportunity for someone already in a social media role, who’s looking to take the next step in their career. The role focuses on the small business owner (SMB) audience, a key part of our growth plans, and while it will initially involve the execution of an existing strategy, this can be shaped by the successful candidate.
You’ll also be working closely with the Comms team to also support integrated brand and communication strategies.
You will manage our global SMB social platforms (currently Meta, and TikTok but of course this could change!) with responsibility for budget, content ideation, influencers, planning and publishing, community management, customer support and the development of strategies for sponsorships, campaigns and projects.
You’ll also be responsible for reporting and tracking using a variety of tools including media monitoring, Google Analytics and social media platforms.
The role reports to our Global Head of PR but will require close collaboration with our Communications Executive who manages our corporate social channels – LinkedIn and Twitter.
What excites you
- You’re passionate about ideating, creating and producing content (either by yourself or with internal and external resources) that resonates and adds value to your target audience.
- You always think ‘customer first’ and will champion the customer in everything you do.
- You are a strong storyteller, turning complex and technical information into something that can easily be absorbed by a target audience on a social platform.
- You think outside the box, like to test and learn, keep on top of platform changes, and look outside of an industry for inspiration but know when to ‘stay in our lane’.
- You have a strong understanding of brand and the role of social media in the acquisition of customers.
- You understand the importance of protecting and enhancing a brand’s reputation via social media, through the careful management of issues and crisis communications.You look to data to help inform future decisions and gain insight into target audiences.
What excites us
You don’t need to have experience in the payments or financial world. Rather, you’ll be passionate about marketing communications and a fast learner with an interest in disruptive technologies that are helping to create a better world for businesses.
- Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English), attention to detail, strong project management skills, creativity and content creation.
- Experience: Social media and paid social strategy and execution are essential.
- Personal qualities: strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment (virtually and office-based), and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity -all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave -to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
- Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.