- Date Posted:
- Employer:Informa Markets
- Location: United States
- Specialism:Social Media
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:$50,000- $55,000 USD / Year
- This position has been filled
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets is among the world’s top Exhibitions organizers, organizing events that enable buyers and sellers in specialist communities to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving several core verticals.
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion trade events, including MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING at MAGIC. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic events will translate into stronger events for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to deliver superbly merchandised marketplaces, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Markets Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas, Japan, as well as emerging regional markets domestically. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
As a Social Media Coordinator, you are a creative, highly motivated, and fashion-driven individual who has a strong editorial sense for short-form storytelling, and visual communication and is skilled in developing video content that resonates with social media audiences across channels including, but not limited to, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
You will support the execution of social media strategy(s), program(s), and campaigns aimed to inspire audience engagement, grow followers, generate brand awareness, activate communities, increase event retailer attendance, and ultimately drive revenue across Informa Markets Fashion’s portfolio of live B2B events (MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING at MAGIC) and support the execution of the social media strategy and campaigns in support of a new parent brand.
You will work closely with the Brand & Community team to develop and execute insights-driven organic social media campaigns. Be responsible for engaging and converting social media audiences, building online communities, and collaborating with the internal marketing teams and external agencies to promote various events, merchandise categories, retailers, and brand marketing initiatives, including optimizing existing content for various social channels and fulfilling sponsor commitments.
Daily tasks include strategic planning, editorial calendar management, content creation, monitoring comments and messages, reporting performance, coordinating with influencers, attending events and covering them on social media, project management, budget tracking, and other admin tasks as needed.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Coordinate and execute social media initiatives, projects, and campaigns across Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Assist with planning, management, delivery, and reporting of all social media marketing initiatives and tracking performance of campaigns
- Assist with the creation of project and content briefs, RFPs, and other briefing documents; heavily involved in the briefing process with contractors and external agency(s)
- Support with video / photo capture and video editing.
- Pitch and develop weekly to monthly content for social media channels focusing on video & reels.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external agencies on creating impactful, conversion-optimized promotions.
- Stay current on social media trends and emerging tools. Execute influencer marketing initiatives and brand ambassador programs.
- Reporting and analysis: Ensure tracking and reporting on social media channel performance is delivered on schedule; report creation
- Provide onsite social media coverage support and management during shows and events; live streams, video/photo capture, and posting.
- Support the Director of Brand & Community on additional initiatives as needed, including budgetary support like processing invoices.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in social media marketing or 2+ years proven professional experience working for a social media agency or running social media for a large business.
- Interest in fashion and retail industries, fashion experience and understanding of the industry is required
- Passionate about social media and an active user of social media platforms; very comfortable being in front of the camera and proficient in public speaking
- Proficient in Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook platform tools and management
- Skills in form tool management, strong writing ability for SEO-optimized social media captions, and experience in executing social marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with agencies and contractors (photographers, video teams, creators) a plus.
- Experience managing influencers/talent and executing influencer campaigns
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and create reports used to provide insight to key stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Experience using Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite. Salesforce is a plus.
The pay range for this position is $50,000- $55,000, depending on experience.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 10 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP – become a shareholder