We’re seeking an enthusiastic marketer with a passion for musical instrument gear that can help our brand(s) connect authentically with existing and future customers across multiple social media platforms.
The Social Media Analyst is responsible for implementing, monitoring, and reporting on the company’s Organic Social Media strategy to grow brand awareness, increase community engagement and drive traffic & sales online & in-store. As a pivotal member of the team, you will help support and plan our social media content calendar, create and develop data-based reporting, manage and develop post copy and captions, and collaborate with members of the broader Content and Marketing teams.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Schedule and monitor posts across social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube
- Use platform native and third-party social media tools for posting, monitoring responding and reporting
- Support and plan our social media content calendar, ensuring consistent, timely and accurate posting
- Report on key social media performance KPIs by channel, content type, etc.
- Develop data-based point-of-view on content optimizations
- Manage and develop post copy and captions with fluency in:
- The language of musicians
- The language of musical instrument product specifications
- Our brand voice
- Respond to or flag comments, messages and mentions in a timely manner
- Nurture and engage authentically in the musician community and culture
- Collaborate with content, artist and marketing teams to secure creative asset delivery and accuracy
- Recognize and develop opportunities in social media trends, tools and best practices
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-4 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist/Coordinator or similar role
- Proficient in social media management and reporting tools
- On-platform (Ex: Facebook, Twitter, TikTok)
- Third-party (Ex: Hootsuite, Buffer, or Sprout Social)
- Deep understanding of musician community and culture (from the player’s perspective)
- Strong understanding of latest trends in musical instrument gear across product categories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, messages and post streams simultaneously
- Data-driven critical thinker with an eye for optimizing messaging and presentation
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field (preferred but not required)
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world’s largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician’s Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
Why Guitar Center? Here’s just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave—take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Pay Rate: $65,000- $75,000/yr depending on background and experience.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.