Location: Endeavour Square, London, and Hybrid 50/50
Hybrid working within this role enables a balance of 50 per cent of time split between the office and home over a 4-week period. Hybrid working arrangements can evolve subject to business requirements.
TfL is one of the most recognisable brands in the world, often referred to as the heartbeat of London. Our marketing and information activities reach millions of people every day across a variety of channels, with social media and digital content playing an increasingly important role in our future plans.
TfL’s social media channels have a vast reach and play a defining role in shaping the way our customers engage with and understand the work we do. We are a large organisation with a varied work programme that could see you helping to shape multi-channel marketing campaigns, supporting exciting brand licensing and experiential collaborations, working with the Mayor’s office and other high profile government agencies, and of course bringing essential information to our customers that helps them to navigate and get the most out of London and our services.
We have recently re-shaped our social media strategy and expanded our team to better support TfL’s varied marketing objectives and business priorities. This is an exciting time to join as we ramp up our activity and involvement in editorial content planning and campaigns and bed down the strategy with the wider business. We are looking for experienced social media managers who are able to navigate politically sensitive comms, with a creative flair and passion for digital communications.
- Experienced in multi-channel campaign planning, editorial copy and blog writing, management of social media platforms (Facebook, X/Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn)
- A people person who can effortlessly manage and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders who have competing views/needs
- Experienced in writing and developing digital content and campaign briefs as well as, managing relationships with creative, media and PR agencies, influencers and content creators
- Organised and efficient in the way you work, utilising project management and forward planning skills to shape well thought out editorial content that ladders up to business priorities
- Experienced in using a range of social media tools and software, utilising trend analysis and analytics and to continually improve campaign outcomes
- Responsible for maintaining governance, policies and processes on social media channels. You will have experience working in a politically sensitive organisation and staying on top of a fast-changing policy landscape
- Be part of out-of-hours community management and resilience team
- Confidently able to lead a variety of workstream verticals (eg Marketing, Press, Talent, Commercial, analytics etc)
- Experienced in line management and matrix working
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- Reimbursement of 75% of the cost of a standard class Ticket for National Rail travel from home
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure, and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
Equality, diversity, and inclusion
We are committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
We are happy to consider flexible working requests.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 26th November @ 23:59
Please note we may close the advert early if we receive a high volume of applicants.