- Job Reference:2639
- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:Master of Malt
- Location:London, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
WANTED: SEO Manager / Guru to plan and implement the company’s overall SEO strategy to deliver profitable growth. You’ll be the go to guru, taking the role of the credible authority on SEO within the business and planning / implementing strategy and related KPIs.
This is a great opportunity to work closely with our Development Team, Performance Marketing Team, UX & Design Team and Editorial Team, as the expert of your field.
We’re a multi-award-winning drinks and technology start-up on a mission to disrupt the drinks industry.
We’re re-imagining online drinks retail from the ground up, using cutting edge technology and fanatical customer service to build a company we want to be customers of and create unexpected delight as we help people explore, buy and enjoy high end whisky and other spirits.
In everything we do, we are disruptive innovators; it is baked into our DNA to challenge orthodoxy and received wisdom wherever we find it.
We’ve grown a lot since we were just a few kids in a shed with big dreams, but we haven’t lost our hunger to build something great, and we’re looking for people who have the same passion for making things better to join us on that journey.
In the last 10 years we’ve become the number 1 player in our industry, but we’ve barely gotten started. We’re excited about the future, so if you’d like to come and help us build it, read on!
Some more about the role
As well as the aforementioned introduction, the things keeping you busy will be;
- Identify technical issues and swiftly propose solutions as well as pushing through their implementation
- Identify opportunities and prioritise their implementation depending on the expected effort and impact
- Regularly perform thorough keyword research and share your findings with key stakeholders
- Optimise website content and landing pages
- Direct off-page optimisation projects
- Monitor rankings, page speed, redirects, click rate, and other KPIs
- Prepare and present reports regularly
- Train colleagues and other stakeholders on best practices
What you’ll need
- Proven hands-on experience with E-Commerce specific SEO
- Deep knowledge of current SEO practices including website architecture
- Sense of ownership and the ability to push projects forward internally
- To keep on top of ever-changing SEO landscape
- Familiarity with relevant tools (e.g. GA, GSC, Semrush etc)
- A strong work ethic and sense of timekeeping
- Experience with flattening a large e-commerce website would be advantageous
- Commercially minded
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and data-driven in nature with a natural curiosity on how things work
- A self-motivated, ambitious individual with high levels of energy and a desire to constantly improve your skills and knowledge
- Numerate and articulate
- An outgoing, positive thinker, with consistent levels of evident enthusiasm
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- A great team player who enjoys contributing to the wider success of a business
We’re all about boundless curiosity, so you’ll discover loads of opportunities to spark your creative flair and work along-side unreal talent who all have the same job description, to ‘Make Atom Successful.’ Trust is at the epicentre of all that we can do, so you’ll work in a transparent and honest environment where we have each other’s backs, and be free of aging corporate policies and rules.
Life here’s about so much more than pay and benefits – you might get a slightly higher salary if you cram onto an expensive, crowded commuter train into the city, but you’ll struggle to find a company with the flex, agility and unique-ness that we have. In short, we’ve got you covered financially but if money is your main driver, we’re not for you.
We hate waste in all of it’s forms and time is no different, so we’re focused on productivity and output rather than when or where you work, or what you wear into the office – you can come in fancy dress for all we care! This means that although we can’t promise anything, flexible working options are built into our DNA.
Along with the stuff you get for turning up to work each day (think private healthcare scheme, unlimited annual leave, pension, cycle-2-work, eye care, enhanced maternity & paternity leave, free food, drinks and parking at the office), you’ll also get a healthy staff discount on our world-class range (just in case that makes a difference).
We don’t sit still, and there’s a lot more to come… Apply now if you want to join us.