This is a hybrid role, requiring three days in-office each week. If you are contacted for an interview, your recruiter will discuss specifics with you, inclusive of any necessary reasonable accommodations.
About Spark Foundry:
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention, to care more about our clients’ brands, and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights, content and creative production, communications and strategy, finance and marketing, and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The SEO Manager will lead the design and execution of client SEO initiatives. The SEO Manager will work closely with the SEO Director and greater team to develop strategies that meet and exceed client business objectives. This position requires a hands-on Manager with attention to detail and process, and who possesses the ability to generate actionable insights and recommendations. The SEO Manager is responsible for managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis, and this person will supervise and coach assigned SEO Analysts.
- Develop and implement SEO strategies and tactics in line with client business objective
- Manage on-page optimizations (metadata, keyword usage, internal linking, etc.)
- Audit websites and provide technical recommendations for improving SEO performance
- Identify new opportunities and recommendations for improving client organic search rankings, traffic, and conversions
- Manage monthly SEO reporting (keyword rankings, SEO traffic, conversion data)
- Develop insights to inform future optimizations and provide clients with insights and optimization recommendations
- Contribute to new business pitches as needed
- Work with Associate Director to develop processes for improved workflow within Spark and across agency partners and vendors
- Manage offsite initiatives (link building, social media projects, etc.)
- Stay up-to-date on the newest organic search, paid search, and social media trends
- Research new ideas, trends, and technologies within the SEO space to educate clients, internal teams, and third-party stakeholders
- 3+ years of SEO-specific work experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Experience managing on-page optimizations (metadata, keyword usage, internal linking, etc.)
- Technical experience with XML sitemaps, Robots.txt, HTTP responses and headers, and URL redirects
- Experience managing offsite initiatives to drive SEO performance improvements (link building, social media projects, etc.)
- Knowledge of lead generation clients and SEO tactics necessary to generate conversions
- Experience in applying SEO to brand-building, direct response, and reputation management initiatives
- Experience with leading SEO, web analytics, and search research tools and technologies
- Strong understanding of paid search and other forms of digital media
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with large, complex organizations with multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous people management and development experience
- Tool experience to include:
- SEO: Moz, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
- Web Analytics: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Research: ComScore, Semrush, Ahrefs, etc.
- E-commerce experience or background (a plus)
- Dynamic content-generating scripts and database integration scripts like jQuery, AJAX, and JSON (a plus)
- Experience with YouTube/video optimizations (a plus)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Compensation Range: $70,000-$110,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off.