Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Our customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy’s Marketing delivers a healthy, profitable customer franchise that is growing through engagement and acquisition. Our team leads strategic initiatives such as personalization and monetization, as well as our Star Rewards Loyalty program.
Take the helm of one of the world’s most beloved brands and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team, you’ll own, guide, and direct marketing efforts, motivating our customers to strengthen their relationship with our brand. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you’ll drive customer engagement and loyalty while sparking excitement.
We are looking for an experienced SEO Content Specialist that will support the Sr. SEO Content Manager to take on a strategic content role within our growing in-house SEO team. The role will also be responsible for helping develop and execute SEO content strategies for Macys.com
This individual should be well versed in copywriting and SEO tactics for enterprise e-commerce, with a thorough background in building strong relationships with various teams and managing processes.
The ideal candidate would have solid problem-solving skills and have some familiarity of SEO content best practices for complex enterprise level websites. Self-starter with excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Help evangelize a search experience driven content approach across teams
- Work closely with Sr. SEO Content Manager to help execute the SEO content strategy by planning, writing and editing digital content.
- Collaborate with SEO, marketing and design teams to plan and write site marketing content and layout
- Coordinate with Brand, PR and site merchandising team to ensure brand consistency and proper linking across all external content efforts
- Provide training to creative and marketing teams on building search driven content strategies and workflows
- Assisting with build and maintain a SEO editorial calendar and organizational workflows for key content
- Research and review internal and external partnership opportunities to solve content needs
- Provide clear direction and feedback to team members to meet content goals
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust content strategy as needed
- Test and measure all efforts to ensure execution upon a data-driven content marketing strategy
- Copywriting and copyediting as needed
- Reporting, analyzing, and communicating content performance
- We encourage all candidates with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field to apply
- At least 2 years in in a SEO driven content planning role, either in-house or at an agency/consultancy.
- Other skills and experience in SEO for Ecommerce such as internal linking and creating topic clusters is a must.
- Strong writing and editing skills are required
- Ability to carry through business goals while maintaining brand voice with creative teams
- Ability to build close relationships and socializing SEO strategies with cross functional stakeholders across the organization
- Familiarity with AI-driven technologies such as generative AI for content augmentation.
- Seasoned project management skills, a strong sense of initiative, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure, while juggling and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Qualitative research skills, including the ability to interpret customer insights and data and translate it into actionable business results
- Additional online marketing experience a plus (SEM, social, email, display, analytics)
- Experience with SEO Tools & Platforms such as Screaming Frog, Botify, SEOClarity, Google Search Console etc.
- This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
Location: 151 West 34th Street, New York, NY, 10001, US