- Date Posted:
- Location:Nottingham, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:£27,000 to £35,000 GBP / Year
We are looking for an SEO Consultant to join our award-winning SEO team. Our SEO Consultants are expected to develop & execute the SEO strategies for a portfolio of clients across a wide variety of industries. You will be responsible for delivering results for our clients, helping to cement our position as one of Europe’s top agencies.
Hallam is an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Nottingham but with a national team. We’ve been in business for over 20 years, making us older than a few of our 60 employees…!
We’re super proud to say we’ve recently been awarded Sunday Times top 100 places to work, an award we’ve worked incredibly hard to achieve. Our commitment to making your working environment the most rewarding, progressive and fun as it can be drives this. We truly believe everyone should have the opportunity to be happy at work. Work should exist to make home life better, not the other way round.
- Acting as the lead SEO contact on a wide variety of client accounts, ensuring best practice is being carried out
- Managing SEO strategies end-to-end (research, implementation & reporting)
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of organic opportunities
- Optimising copy and landing pages for search engines and users
- Conduct technical SEO audits, identifying issues & fixing them
- Our passion for Unity means you’ll be working closely alongside all our wonderful teams at Hallam
- Digital PR and content teams to develop and implement content and link building strategies
- Creative team to ensure SEO/UX best practices are being implemented
- Paid media team to develop integrated search strategies for clients
- Development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed websites
- Support AMs/sales with new business and upsell opportunities, including our largest client pitches
- Identifying service improvements and contributing to the objectives of the SEO department
What do we expect from you
- 3+ years of experience as an SEO specialist in an agency environment
- Work in unity with others to meet client goals and retain client accounts
- Ability to thrive and enjoy a dynamic, high-paced environment while juggling multiple projects in parallel
- Takes ownership in getting any issues resolved
- Radical candour – Ability to give effective constructive feedback to team members and other staff whenever required.
- Be Kind – be the teammate you’d want by your side. Our team is awesome and we want to keep it that way.
- Regularly cascading experience and knowledge via formal/informal channels to the rest of the team
- Create an environment encouraging open communication, teamwork, trust and creative thinking
- Recognised as an expert both internally and externally
- Keeping up to date with SEO industry trends and developments
- Fully accredited as appropriate, including relevant professional qualifications
- Experience using industry tools such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog and Semrush
What is it like working at Hallam?
Whilst every agency under the sun seems to offer fruit at the office and office dogs these days (of which we do) we’re proud to offer plenty of other benefits:
- A progressive agency that is driven by its people and values, not just profit
- Company bonus scheme
- Quarterly retros where your voice is genuinely heard and changes are made – this is your opportunity to make a difference to your place of work.
- Unlimited remote work policy*
- Generous and continuous training and learning programmes, both individually agreed by your manager and company-wide programmes.
- Wellbeing and mental health programmes including counselling
- 2 days per month of ‘Thrive Time’ – this is your personal development time you can spend on anything you want. Want to focus on innovation? Volunteer for a charity? Enrol on a CIM or MBA? You’ll have the time to do this.
- Volunteering scheme for local or national charities
- Financial planning and help
- Extended compassionate leave
- Subsidised travel (remember travel?)
- Regular team events and celebrations (probably best to give you the full details in your interview)
- Latest Apple MacBook Pro equipment (or equivalent for you Microsoft heathens)
- Free theatre tickets
*Based on our 3 principles: Work from anywhere, Freedom to choose and Cultural Unity. We believe everyone has the right to work from wherever they want. This choice will always lay with the employee and not the employer. We hire the best and trust you to manage and deliver your own work. Whether you are 100% remote, hybrid or come into our Nottingham office every day, every Hallamer is an equally important part of our culture.
£27k-£35k dependent on experience
Hallam is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, we highly encourage applicants from BAME and LGBTQ+ communities. Being an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, colour, gender, or disability.