eDesign brings digital customer experience to their clients through insight-backed creative solutions that enhance engagement with key target audiences and a focus on delivering measurable business value.
We seek an experienced and highly motivated Freelance SEO & Analytics Specialist to join our team. You will be responsible for improving our clients’ online, organic visibility and driving traffic to their websites through search engine optimization while delivering data and reporting on their website and SEO results.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and develop effective SEO strategies for clients in various industries.
- Be able to effectively communicate strategies and tasks to clients both digitally and in live video meetings.
- Conduct keyword research and implement on-page optimization through various CMSs.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and search engine algorithm updates.
- Capable of executing technical SEO, coding adjustments, HTML changes, and technical adjustments needed for web development teams.
- Monitor and analyze website traffic and search engine rankings and give clear and compelling updates on progress using tools like Search Console, SEMrush, and GA4.
- Deliver great, monthly reports and data not only on SEO performance but also measurable website data.
- Effectively set up tracking on client websites using GTM, GA4, and Looker/Data Studio.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Website Development teams to create and execute marketing strategies that collaboratively drive results.
- Great copywriting and grammatical skills, with the ability to make SEO changes that do not sacrifice the context and quality of content on a webpage.
- Great independent organization and task management skills.
- Able to manage processes and work with team members to ensure deadlines are met.
- Report to the Director of Digital Marketing with frequent client work and strategy updates.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience managing SEO for multiple companies simultaneously, with a track record of delivering proven results – 8+ years of experience.
- In-depth knowledge of search engine optimization best practices and techniques.
- Experience with WordPress and other CMSs, including the ability to edit and optimize website content for SEO – 5+ years of experience.
- Experience delivering SEO reports in a client-facing environment – 5+ years of experience.
- Experience using SEMrush or other SEO tools for keyword research, site audits, and position tracking.
- Copywriting experience is needed for SEO optimization and client communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills for client-facing communication.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
SEMrush experience is a big plus.
Agency experience preferred.
Location: Morristown, NJ / Hybrid / Fully-Remote
Business Travel: As needed, up to 10%