This position is initially a 9-month Fixed-Term Contract with possible extension.
We’re on the lookout for a talented SEO Account Director to help support and grow our Online Marketing department.
This position can be based on our Stockton HQ, Newcastle or Manchester City Centre sites, on a hybrid basis.
As an SEO Account Director you will be responsible and accountable for the success and delivery of Visualsoft’s SEO service. You will own a portfolio of SEO clients and become the go-to key relationship stakeholder for SEO. Relationships and client centricity is key as your key objective is to grow your portfolio’s return ensuring the SEO product/service is innovative, efficient and delivered to the highest possible quality.
The SEO Account Director will lead and ensure implementation of the client portfolio across all relevant platforms to the product/service, constantly delivering ROI. By utilising the latest ‘best in class’ technology and leveraging partnerships to drive excellence the SEO Account Director will put the client first reacting and adapting when required with a strategic mindset.
Strategy and impeccable execution is key to the role, ensuring that clients benefit from the SEO service and have a clear and transparent view of the work carried out.
- Overall responsibility for client portfolio SEO relationship
- Overall responsibility for client portfolio retention
- Overall responsibility for client portfolio happiness, measured by NPS & CSAT.
- Maintain highest standards of SEO implementation and execution
- Continuously strive to produce the highest results for Visualsoft clients via SEO
- Coach, mentor and train other Visualsoft staff members to produce the highest quality SEO work for clients.
- Constantly strive to improve and maintain processes and procedure documents
- Be the go to within your client portfolio for all things SEO
- Identify and execute client training raising SEO understanding where required
- Maintain and increase efficiency of the execution and implementation of SEO across your client portfolio
- Develop the service offering to maintain best in class standard
- Responsible for commercial growth of the client portfolio using SEO
- Identify and assist with sales opportunities within your portfolio
- Handle and prepare sales documentation and sales pitches within your portfolio
- Lead, speak and engage at external events and conferences
- Maintain expert knowledge at the forefront of SEO. Stay up to date with emerging tech and trends
Duties & responsibilities
Client Portfolio Relationship
- Nurture and own the relationship of your portfolio of clients.
- By utilising your relationship with your portfolio ensure client retention is at an all time high and best in class.
Maintain & Promote Highest Standards of SEO
- The execution of Visualsofts services must be impeccable, this ensures all clients are serviced fully and efficiently, but also to the best of Visualsoft’s ability at all times.
- Measured by Net Promoter Score (NPS), utilise your relationship and generation of results to ensure NPS is constantly high.
- Client Satisfaction Surveys (CSAT) will be conducted at all available touch points, as Senior SEO Account Director it is imperative that your client portfolio gives positive responses.
- When NPS or CSAT scores are not as desired, appropriate action must be taken leveraging your relationship and the work Visualsoft carries out.
Strive for Client Results
- Continuously strive to produce the highest results for Visualsoft clients via SEO.
- Take full ownership and accountability for all results, implementing change where required to improve.
Control & Own SEO Strategy
- Devise and own best in class SEO strategies of your portfolio of clients.
- Ensure positive and negative results are shared across the business with relevant key stakeholders to benefit other client portfolios.
- Implement industry leading strategies, even first to market where beneficial.
This role requires someone with exceptional communication and client relationship/management skills and who is an absolute expert within the SEO industry.
The ability to lead clients and work alongside high performing teams influencing clients and internal stakeholders is essential, using technology and industry leading practices.
- Extensive proven experience either agency or client side specialising in SEO
- Extensive experience of SEO management
- Proven expertise in external SEO platforms and tools, analytics, forecasting and measurement
- Experience in building and executing SEO strategies, whether in-house or for clients
- Working to tight deadlines as a team and as an individual
- Client-facing experience at a senior level
- Client meeting experience and proven strategy presentation skills
- Analytical and data driven
Core Competences, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Confident in both written and spoken communication with the ability to present to, and engage, audiences
- Great organisation skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- ‘Self-motivated’ with an ability to demonstrate a can-do approach
- Demonstrate complete control of client portfolio with relationships that don’t just enable strategy, they enable the clients success.
- Forward thinking to be in front of the industry, Alphas and Betas with AB/Testing, results to be shared and used to inform strategy improvements. Implement client plans that link back to business and marketing objectives.
- Ability to navigate complex account or business decisions that demonstrates a level of total autonomy when it comes to client business. Through the trusted relationship with clients, facilitate the conversation that mitigates any risk to client business. Clearly articulate next steps and follow through on suggestions.
- Ability to assimilate complex information and relay it to clients in an effective and understandable way that demonstrates complete control over their account whilst involving them in the decision making process. Ability navigate different ways of communication depending on client requirements and needs
- Proactive ownership of client financials and how that relates to VS commercials. Client Margin, Client Revenue, Client costs, Client Overheads, Direct ROI, Overall ROI, Cross Channel attribution, displayed cross channel collaboration
- Demonstrated that you are accountable for both client and teams performance, highlighting ways to enhance both and act on underperformance. Clearly communicate next steps on performance improvement to clients.
- Constant track record of displayed VS values and proven track record of enabling these throughout the team and company
- Help lead personal development suggestions with an idea of where you would like to develop further and acquire new skills. Suggest training to your line manager that may help you achieve these goals
- Expert in chosen specialism and the goto for marketing execs and account directors.
- Experience in ecommerce
- Experience in other digital media channels
- Google Data Studio
- Google Tag Manager
- Competitive basic salary with great progression options
- Unlimited paid holidays – yes that’s not a typo!
- Fully flexible working to give you a great work-life balance
- Great dog-friendly working environments
- Your choice of top-spec tech – Mac or PC
- Health Assured Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests and flu jabs
- VS Perks, have a monthly treat on us; from Amazon vouchers, Playstation credits, Birchbox to Just Eat there’s something for everyone!
- Free breakfast, fruit, hot and cold drinks and protein shakes
- Friday afternoon drinks to wind down for the weekend
- Pension scheme to help you save for the future
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
A little formality… by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty – £500
Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier – if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!
Visualsoft is an equal opportunities employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspective.
We believe passionately that a diverse workforce is central to our success so we welcome applications from all sections of the community.