Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different?
Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
As a Senior SEO Manager at Kraken, you will play a pivotal role in driving the online visibility and organic growth of our portfolio of sites and apps. Leveraging your expertise in SEO strategy, data analytics, and industry trends, you will contribute to the success of Kraken in a dynamic and competitive market.
We’re not looking for someone to come in and run the traditional SEO audit playbook, we’re looking for an in-house SEO who thinks like a product manager and acts like a startup CEO. The ideal candidate for this role can hit the ground running, come in with a vision for SEO and make an impact immediately.
The mission matters here on the Organic Growth team. Everyone is just as excited about cutting edge blockchain technology as we are the latest growth hacks. If you are a results-driven SEO leader with a passion for the cryptocurrency space, we invite you to join the Kraken organic growth team and contribute to our mission of making digital assets accessible to the globe.
- You will share your vision with key cross-functional leaders to get buy-in, and influence the organizational change needed to achieve your vision
- Develop and implement comprehensive global SEO strategies that create significant incremental user growth for Kraken’s portfolio of products and services
- Provide regular reports and insights to key stakeholders on SEO performance, highlighting successes, failures, learnings, and areas for improvement. We appreciate a growth mindset
- Keep us informed about competitors, market changes, industry trends and algorithm updates to proactively adapt Kraken’s SEO approach, ensuring we maintain a competitive edge
- Lead initiatives to improve website architecture, usability, and overall user experience to maximize organic search performance. Partner with our conversion rate optimization team to find the right solution to maximize organic search growth
- You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with content creators, developers, design, analytics, data science and marketing teams to drive the SEO roadmap forward
- Drive technical SEO improvements and spot opportunities. You should be very comfortable writing and communicating requirements for development and tech teams
Skills you should HODL
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data sets and derive actionable insights. You can effectively communicate what reports you need with stakeholders in data
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate SEO principles to non-technical stakeholders. We need a leader who has been in the room and understands what it takes to get stuff done in a global organization
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality results in a complex, fast-paced and highly regulated business
- Experience optimizing websites for international markets and languages, and working closely with localization teams to drive international SEO results
- Deep experience working on large inventory websites with >1 million pages, preferably in consumer products, and/or e-commerce
- You have a genuine interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency – ideally you’ve already gone down the rabbit hole and read the Bitcoin whitepaper
Nice to haves
- You’ve used our products and have a sense of our position within the industry
- You’ve got strong opinions on SGE, and the future of SEO
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.