- Job Reference:54449
- Date Posted:
- Location:Leicester, UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Applications have closed
We are looking for a Senior SEO Executive to join our fast growing & talented SEO team!
As the Senior SEO Executive, your primary focus will be to manage and deliver SEO strategies and activity for a range of product areas across the Next site.
You will be an internal champion for your area’s across the UK and International Next websites and will have a hands on approach to onsite SEO & content strategies.
You will be responsible for delivering results for specific product areas and departments we have on NEXT from an onsite and offsite perspective, liaising with our external agency on Digital PR and Campaigns.
On a weekly basis you will be responsible for on page optimisation and strategy, reporting and managing key stakeholders, assisting with technical bugs/fixes and more.
We can offer hybrid working, with part of the week working at Next Head Office in Enderby, Leicestershire and part of the week working remotely.
About the role
- Activate the NEXT SEO strategy, maximising organic visibility and traffic to the site.
- Conduct keyword research and gap analysis, proactively identifying opportunities.
- Maximise ethical link building opportunities and manage our backlink profile.
- Keep key stakeholders informed, internal and external.
- Work closely with wider teams to champion SEO and make sure best practices are met.
- Work with the wider SEO and marketing team on various projects covering all aspects of SEO and digital marketing.
- External agency management.
- Support with raising and fixing various bugs and enhancements.
- Support with the development and implementation of larger technical projects.
- Help educate and train wider next teams and key stakeholders on the importance of SEO, best practices and how it impacts their remit.
- Generate/support with various weekly and monthly reports focusing on key KPIs.
Measures of success
- Grow organic traffic, visibility and revenue at NEXT.
- To successfully deliver an SEO strategy that maximises return on investment.
- To keep all stakeholders well informed and confident in our SEO strategy.
- Be the go to SEO expert for your areas and to educate various stakeholders.
- To ensure all website changes/developments are SEO friendly, fully optimised and minimise any loss.
- Become a highly functioning member of the SEO, providing support and expertise.
- Successfully manage projects effectively maximising opportunity.
- Always be up to date with the latest trends and industry changes and be able to adapt our strategy/priorities accordingly.
- Minimum 4+ years SEO experience, within an in-house or agency team.
- Working on successful SEO projects for ecommerce sites.
- Experienced in conducting keyword research, competitor analysis, SEO audits and highlighting areas of improvement.
- Track record of analysing SEO trends and opportunities, providing and implementing recommendations to improve visibility within SERPs.
- The ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the business and to external stakeholders.
- External agency management.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience of using SEO tools such as SEMRush, Lumar (Deep Crawl), Screaming Frog, Pi Data Metrics, Search Metrics, Ahrefs, Majestic, Search Console and so on.
- Experienced in every aspect of SEO, onsite and offsite.
- Must have a flexible attitude and the ability to work under pressure.
- Be up to date with the latest SEO trends like E-E-A-T, CWV and so on.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with large B2C ecommerce sites.
- Knowledge of other online marketing channels i.e. PPC, PLAs.
- Experience of working with fashion/lifestyle ecommerce sites.
- Local SEO experience and managing store listings.
- International SEO experience.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About Some of Our benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria’s Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.