Brainlabs is a digital media agency – we’re passionate about using data and tech to craft marketing strategies that drive real business results for clients. Our 1000+ Brainlabbers partner with some of the world’s largest advertisers to do just that.
Our mission is simple, we want to become the world’s largest independent media agency, famous for delivering high performance and accelerating the careers of Brainlabbers whilst we’re at it.
Brainlabs has always been a culture-first company. In fact, from the very beginnings of the agency a set of shared principles, philosophies and values was documented in The Brainlabs Handbook, helping us create our unique culture.
As with everything here we always seek to adapt and improve so The Brainlabs Handbook has been fine-tuned to become The Brainlabs Culture Code.
This Culture Code consists of 12 codes that talk to what it means to be a Brainlabber. It’s a joint commitment to continuous development and creating a company that we can all be proud of, where Brainlabbers can turn up to do great work, make great friends and win together.
Team: Client Services
Reporting to: Director, Paid Search
Estimated Start: January 2024
Location: REMOTE – Anywhere, US or Canada
Work Authorization: This role is open to US or Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US or Canadian employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role
We are adding an analytical Senior Paid Search Strategist to our Client Services Team! The Senior Paid Search Strategist participates in all aspects of clients’ paid search media campaigns, including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial-spirited, highly detail-oriented, and have exceptional problem solving skills.
So, tell me about the company
Brainlabs is culture-first. You’ve probably heard other companies describe themselves as people, clients, or profit first – but we see people, clients and profit as the building blocks of our ecosystem. Culture powers all three and we know that when the ecosystem is balanced, we all win! That’s why the culture we cultivate is a culture of winning together.
What you do
Client Management Responsibilities:
- Monitor budgets and performance and make optimizations on a daily basis aligned with client goals
- Ensure client work is consistently accurate, up-to-date, and applicable to the client (e.g. industry, technology, etc.).
- Communicate client performance regularly and ensure we fulfill on client contracts and promised strategy
- Perform regular analyses and make data-driven recommendations, following our ‘test and learn’ methodology
- Implement responsibility assignment matrix (e.g. RACI) across client accounts for effective delegation, internal and external communications, and project management
- Lead client meetings and business review preparation, preferably via video conference – prepare the agenda or deck and ensure we take notes
- Implement & use Brainlabs’ tools on all accounts
- Prioritize and respond to client emails/calls in a timely manner
- Build out campaigns and implement QA checks on relevant digital marketing platforms
- Manage direct reports and mentor indirect managees utilizing a strengths-based coaching approach
- Research and undergo test partnerships with new PPC vendors to expand outreach as well as lower cost-per-acquisition (CPA)
- Keep pace with PPC industry and search engine trends and developments
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for campaign structuring, targeting, keyword opportunities, and other facets of paid search in accordance with client goals.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Utilize data modeling and bid management tools to maximize the effectiveness of PPC campaigns
- Work closely with Strategists and Specialists to meet and exceed client expectations
- Models strong leadership including alignment to company priorities and philosophies, effective stress and emotion self-management, as well as a positive and patient demeanor with the team
- Support and mentor account team to prepare them to lead client accounts, including communication, calls, meetings, and emails.
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Actively participant in wider company initiatives including, but not limited to new business pitches and internal marketing efforts
Who you are
- Demonstrated proficiency of paid media platforms (Google, Bing, SA360), and/or other search platforms (e.g. Apple Search, Quora)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of GMP suite (GA360, CM360, Google Merchant Center, Data Studio)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Collection softwares (e.g. Tableau, Funnel, etc.)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of keyword research & competitor analysis tools (SEMRush, SpyFu, etc.)
- Proven organizational, project, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally, with the ability to provide actionable insights for all levels of an organization
- Possess keen critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google Business Apps, especially Excel or Google Sheets
- Demonstrate alignment to our company values
- Minimum of 3-years hands-on experience managing PPC campaigns for a variety of clients with monthly spend greater than one million dollars
- Minimum of 2-year client-facing experience
- Minimum of 1-year team-management experience
- Previous agency experience
- Experience with creating client strategy, communication, management, and proactive account performance troubleshooting
- Minimum of 2-year team-management experience, preferred
How you succeed
In addition to the below, you will be evaluated based on how you live our Culture Code!
Key metrics of success for this role include:
- Eager to advance problem solving skills, with the ability to be solutions oriented
- A self-starter, takes initiative
- A strong writer and communicator
- Able to actively seek out and implement feedback
- A desire to be nimble and flexible to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A strong team player, willing to roll up your sleeves
- A business mature individual who exudes professionalism and respect
- Committed to the success of your team
- Eager to guide and manage team members, will lead by example
- A supporter of and advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion
What happens next
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
In line with our adaptive working policy and our standard way of working in North America we do not restrict our hiring to a fixed office location therefore we hire candidates across different states in the US and indeed in other countries such as Canada. We also receive applications from, and hire, candidates with varying levels of experience for example those who have a few years experience in a role to those who are looking to make a step up. The salary levels on our job postings are set so as to account for these variable factors with decisions on the salary to be offered only made once we know the experience and location of our new hire.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
Current position range
Brainlabs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace: we are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application process, please let us know!