- Job Reference:WNSL0580
- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:The FA
- Location:London, UK
- Workplace:Hybrid Working
- Specialism:Brand / Social Media
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration:9 Months FTC
- March 26, 2023
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men’s, women’s, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women’s Super League, FA Women’s Championship, and Vitality Women’s FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
There could not be a better time to join the team working to grow women’s domestic football in England. Off the back of England Women’s success at the UEFA Women’s EURO last summer, record-breaking crowds have been attending our domestic leagues and competitions and visibility is at an all-time high. We have an exciting opportunity for a marketing leader to join our FA Competitions Brand Team as a maternity cover to further drive forwards the Barclays Women’s Super League, Barclays Women’s Championship and FA Women’s Continental League Cup. These brands have great momentum and they are blazing a trail. But there continues to be significant headroom for growth, which we look to achieve through a focus on fans, our clubs and our players.
The role will drive the development and execution of the marketing strategy for these sporting properties, which is designed to support our vision to develop the best women’s sporting leagues and competitions in the world. You will become the brand guardian of our leagues and competitions and as such we require a strategic, creative, energetic and commercially minded marketer who wants to make their mark within women’s sport.
In the role you will be the interface for a huge network of people both internally and externally. Internally you will liaise with multiple departments including Commercial, Broadcast, Content, CRM, Communications and League Operations. Externally you will be collaborating with a range of high-profile league partners including Nike, EA, Barclays, Sky and BBC. Club relationships are key to success in the role, and you will be dealing with all 24 clubs across the Barclays Women’s Super League and Barclays Women’s Championship. Externally you will also be managing multiple agencies to deliver integrated campaigns across the big season milestones. Advanced stakeholder management skills are also required, with the individual needing to provide updates to Board level. Finally, the candidate needs to have experience of line management as they will be managing one Marketing Executive.
- Lead the development and execution of the marketing strategy for the Barclays Women’s Super League, Barclays Women’s Championship and FA Women’s Continental League Cup with a focus on driving growth through the funnel (from awareness down to attendance) with our identified target segments.
- Develop, implement and evaluate campaign activations at key moments of impact throughout the season (Fixture Launch, Season launch, Women’s Football Weekend, End of Season plus others).
- Be the leader and co-ordinator of MarComms activation. Bring together colleagues from Content, Communications and CRM to deliver fully aligned plans.
- Work collaboratively with the FA Partnerships team to ensure all partner rights are delivered effectively as well as leading joint activations with commercial partners to amplify the biggest moments.
- Work collaboratively with the Women’s Professional Game Competitions Team to support on the long-term strategy of competition development. Provide regular updates all the way up to Board level.
- Build and manage positive relationships with all clubs; overseeing development of club specific marketing plans, collective insights projects and encouraging best practise through club workshops and toolkits.
- Agency and third-party management to achieve pre-defined targets against comprehensive briefs. Agencies/suppliers include creative, design, media, photography and insights.
- Manage tracking and performance of campaign activity and report on results in a timely and formal manner.
- Manage budgets, ensuring cost control and accurate forecasting.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Experienced marketing leader with a proven track record of delivering growth for culturally important brands.
- Experience of developing and managing cross channel marketing campaigns with significant marketing spend.
- Experience in project management and delivering multiple tasks to deadline.
- Experience in managing internal or external agency teams (writing briefs, giving feedback etc.)
- Ability to manage a huge network of stakeholders; clubs, partners, internal teams, agencies etc.
- Experience of building rapport with and managing requests from senior stakeholders and presenting updates to Board level.
- A great understanding of digital marketing including social media and CRM.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Campaign analysis and generation of insights.
- An excellent communicator (verbal and written).
- Experience of sports marketing.
- An interest in all aspects of marketing.
- A good understanding of the sporting landscape.
- Educated to University degree level.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George’s Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.