- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:National Trust
- Specialism:Social Media
- Job Type: Part Time
- Salary:£20,935 GBP / Year
- Applications have closed
Are you a communications and or marketing professional ready for a really varied opportunity as the next step in your career? We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Senior Marketing & Communications Officer with a great team at Polesden Lacey.
The salary for this role will be £25,000 – £27,300 per annum, pro rata. This is dependant on experience.
You’ll be working 4 days a week and the ability to work weekends is essential for this role.
Interviews will be held on the 17th of May.
What it’s like to work here
People are at the heart of everything we do at Polesden and you’ll be joining a team of dedicated and ambitious individuals. Reporting into the Visitor Operations and Experiences Manager, you’ll be part of the Visitor Experience Team, a group of five committed and creative experience and operations professionals. We pride ourselves on a culture of supportive and collaborative teamwork and we push ourselves to achieve high standards.
You’ll be a Duty Manager for the site and will need to work a minimum of two weekend days per month. The role is based on property and home working will not be an option. We’re just four miles outside of Dorking, however you’re likely to need your own transport to get here.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for coordinating an effective communication and marketing plan for visitor experience, conservation, and commercial activity.
Working with the Property team to keep the property’s webpages up to date and create and easy to understand visitor journey. Experience in website content management is ideal, although full training will be provided. You’ll help to generate positive press coverage to raise the profile of Polesden Lacey, and attract visitors.
Fostering excellent communication with visitors and the public through events, interpretations, and media, by collaborating with the wider property.
Stay up to date to what’s happening at Polesden Lacey by getting out of the office and visiting other areas of the property.
You’ll be supporting Polesden Lacey operationally both as a Duty Manager and as a part of the Visitor Experience team. This involves working weekends and the odd evening shift.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience of working with the a complex outdoors property
- The ability to create a marketing plan for visitor experience, conservation, and commercial activity.
- Have written or co-ordinated marcomms plans/strategies
- Good working knowledge of social media such as Facebook and Instagram
- Confident dealing with visitors through events, interpretations, and media, by collaborating with the wider property.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice