Our Marketing team is growing! This new role will lead on shaping the Museum’s next stages of marketing and audience development. The Senior Marketing & Audience Manager will spearhead a new marketing vision for the Museum, harnessing the rigour of our learning offer, heritage and endangered crafts, conservation work, unique Collection and land, to increase our reach and drive revenue.
Marketing & Comms
- Take overall responsibility for the annual marketing budget.
- In collaboration with the Senior Leadership team, build on the Museum’s reputation by leveraging the Museum’s Mission.
- Be the brand guardian of the Museum, ensuring an engaging and constant message.
- Create and deliver the strategy for campaigns to meet sales targets, including themed weekends, the broader Museum offer and fundraising.
- Seek commercial and income generating opportunities.
- Maintain the Museum’s tone of voice, ensuring consistency across all communications.
- Identify and lead on press and publicity opportunities, using external consultants where necessary, to reach and engage audiences in an impactful way.
- Have an understanding of the broader cultural and museum media landscape, through networking, events, research.
- Lead on the Advertising strategy, harnessing different channels for different audiences.
- Oversee CRM strategies, working with the Marketing, Membership & Insights Manager to build customer loyalty and achieve a consistent Museum message.
- With the Marketing, Membership & Insights Manager and colleagues in Learning, lead organisational understanding of audiences, monitoring behaviours and demographics, ensuring a research strategy sits alongside data analysis and evaluations to inform strategy and targets.
- Build a robust museum identity – harnessing the rigor of our learning offer, heritage/endangered crafts, conservation work, unique Collection and land.
- Creating compelling campaigns for the ‘spike’ moments of the themed weekends. Maximise appropriate brand/influencer/advocacy partnerships. Lead on the creation of the Annual Report.
- Lead, develop and monitor an integrated audience development strategy, extending the reach and diversity of our audiences.
- Champion our Schools and Learning offer, supporting those teams where appropriate.
- Grow our national and international visitors to the Museum. Grow our national and global visitors to the website.
- Support the Learning and Public Programming Team in identifying and reaching out to community audiences.
- Build online communities via our owned channels (Insta, YouTube, TikTok).
- Oversee the Membership scheme, growing the membership pool with the Marketing, Membership & Insights Manager.
- Create a strategic overview for the Museum’s digital engagement, seeking to grow online audiences and nurturing existing ones.
- Devise ways to monetise online communities.
- Oversee the Social Media and Content strategy.
- Oversee the Museum’s website upkeep with the Marketing, Membership & Insights Manager
For the full Job Description and to apply, please visit our website via the button below.