We’re recruiting a Senior Digital Content Designer to join us for a fixed term maternity cover contract starting in October 2023.
If you are a content creative who loves working with a terrific brand – we can’t wait to hear from you!
Contract: Part time (3 days) 10-month FTC maternity cover
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 FTE (£18,000 – £20,400 pro rata)
Location: Hybrid – 1 day per week London, SW1P 2AF
More about the role
You will be leading and directing strategic content user-centered projects that enable people to easily access our services and help make Blue Cross the go-to place for pet advice and information.
Working collaboratively with key stakeholders and multidisciplinary teams internally as well as our external agency, you will scope, commission, write, edit, iterate, and publish engaging, accessible high quality digital content based on evidence and optimised for search engines.
Your knowledge, skills and expertise will help us to continue applying and embedding Digital Editorial Design best practice.
- Develop and manage relationships with subject matter experts in the charity, taking complex language and concepts and making them simple to understand.
- Analyse the success of our content, developing an understanding of what resonates with our audiences and plan future content.
- Work with the digital and services teams to understand user feedback and ensure effective user journeys across our digital spaces, feeding these insights back to the team and the wider charity.
- Work with the wider Digital Team to determine the best format for delivering content to the user.
- Monitor the performance of content and iterate as needed.
- Peer review and provide support to others in the team and wider organisation on content projects.
- Take an active role in the ongoing governance of Blue Cross content, including implementing best practice, championing and embedding editorial guides, and sharing your knowledge.
As a Senior Digital Content Designer, you’ll have a proven track record of developing content strategies across digital channels for high profile projects in an organisation of similar complexity.
You’ll be a collaborative team worker, able to build strong relationships with colleagues across the organisation. And you’ll be very organised with great prioritisation skills and be confident taking the initiative to deliver high-quality content to tight deadlines.
You’ll also have team leadership and mentoring experience with the ability to influence to improve content quality.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Experience of creating, prototyping, iterating, publishing, and managing user-centred content to meet user needs and organisational aims.
- Skilled in building relationships with stakeholders to understand their goals, and work with them to improve user journeys and content quality.
- Experience of designing and implementing content strategies to meet organisational objectives.
- Understanding of user research and evidence, and demonstrable experience of using insight to develop and improve content.
- Demonstrable experience of championing digital best practice, including ensuring content is accessible.
- Reviewing and improving processes through best practice governance techniques, eg, developing editorial and asset management guidelines
- Experience of writing engaging content for a range of digital channels eg, website, email marketing
- Substantial experience in content management systems eg, Drupal, Sitecore
- Experience of using analytics tools eg, Google Analytics, SEMrush or similar to inform content improvements.
- Deep understanding of SEO and how this relates to content development.
- Excellent organisation and experience of managing multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Blue Cross values.
Desirable qualifications, skills, and experience
- A familiarity and interest in pet care and pet welfare issues
- An understanding of wider digital marketing approaches
How to apply
Click the apply button below and complete the online application process before the closing date on Monday 28 August 2023.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Blue Cross benefits
Our people are the most important part of delivering our purpose. If it were not for their amazing efforts and commitment, we would not be able to make the difference that we do today.
In return, Blue Cross wants to ensure we provide you with the best working environment we can. We want you to be happy working for us and will do everything we can to make sure you are.
Our generous benefits package includes:
- Enhanced annual leave entitlement: 30 days plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- Unlimited access to an employee assistance programme
- Programmes for physical and mental wellbeing support
- Free access to GP via MetLife
- Recognition scheme Annual volunteer days
- Claim for professional fees
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please visit the ‘why work for us’ page on our website.
About Blue Cross
Blue Cross is a national charity that has been helping sick, injured and homeless pets since 1897.
Every month we help thousands of pets and their people by providing veterinary care, expert behaviour advice and find homeless pets loving families. We also offer education for future generations plus pet bereavement support for those who have lost their beloved pet companion.
We love the ways that pets can make such an amazing difference to the people they live with and we offer lifelong support and advice to help that unique relationship thrive. With your support we can give back to more pets and their families who need our help.
Pets change lives. We change theirs.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We believe that every pet should enjoy a healthy life in a happy home, and we always seek to recruit the best people who share our values and commitment so we can continue to help and support pet owners across the UK to achieve this.
At Blue Cross, we want you to feel that you belong, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
Diversity and inclusion at Blue Cross means creating a workplace where all people, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nation or country of origin, disability, age, and socioeconomic backgrounds are welcome, respected, supported, and have access to equal opportunities.
We are working hard to reflect the world we live in and the communities we serve at every level of our organisation. As much as we have made positive advances, we consider diversity and inclusion to be a work in progress – a continual commitment that remains a priority for all of us.
If you would like to talk to us about any reasonable adjustments or changes to our recruitment process to support you to be your best, then please get in touch either via email at [email protected], via telephone on 01993 825515 or if you would prefer a video call then we can arrange this using Microsoft Teams.
Our values define the way we do things. We use them every day to guide us, and to make sure we put people and pets at the heart of everything we do.
Compassionate: We listen, we are non-judgmental, we are kind and caring to the pets and people we encounter, and we offer support in difficult times
Courageous: We make brave decisions, embrace change, and encourage innovation, ensuring we always act with integrity – doing the right thing even when no one is looking
Inclusive: We value all our relationships and work in an open and positive culture where we celebrate our diverse talents and empower you to be you