Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, or Depop you will tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human
We are looking for an analytical Search Engine Marketing Specialist to join our Performance Marketing team and support the optimization of Product Listing Ads and Text Ad campaigns. They should be accustomed to: analyzing and implementing large-scale Google, Bing, and other campaigns, implementing keyword and ad copy experiments, leveraging data-driven insights to design rigorous campaign and feed experiments, and using automation in campaign management, bidding and targeting to drive paid investment efficiencies.
It’s an exciting time at Etsy. We are bringing our mission of making commerce human to life. Join our rapidly growing Marketing organization where your contribution will make a big impact and positive difference in real people’s lives. We are constantly exploring new ways to acquire, activate, and retain engaged buyers. We demonstrate daily how data-driven insights, creativity, and innovative-thinking can craft strategy and campaigns that lead to global growth.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Paid Search and the base salary range will be 80,000 – 104,000 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy.
This role requires your presence in Etsy’s Brooklyn office in an in-person or flex capacity. Candidates living within commutable distance of the Brooklyn Hub, may be the first to be considered.
Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our Flex and Office-based work modes and workplace safety policies here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
- The Performance Marketing team is responsible for converting new buyers and driving existing buyers to shop more frequently on the Etsy website and apps. We oversee the Global strategy and execution across a mix of demand capture and demand generation channels to deliver measurable results. This team is part of the larger Growth Marketing function within the Marketing org.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Overseeing day to day management of portions of Etsy’s Global SEM / PLA program, optimizing towards strict performance goals via campaign development, testing, learning, bid strategies, targeting, and optimization to GMS and revenue
- Managing external agencies and technologies effectively towards rigorous ROI goals; maximizing service/offerings and recognizing tactical areas of opportunity
- Delivering reporting, insights, and forecasts that accurately and appropriately measures channel performance on a daily through annual basis
- Collaborating with internal, cross-functional partners to strengthen the SEM/PLA program such as feed optimizations and data integrations with engineering.
- Staying on top of the always-evolving digital marketing landscape, from industry news to emerging technology
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- 2-4 years demonstrated success managing all aspects of large-scale PLA and/or SEM campaigns to specific ROI goals with experience in e-commerce/retail.
- Deep familiarity with Google Ads, a bid management tool (ex. Kenshoo/Skai, Search Ads 360, etc.), and data platforms such as Looker, Tableau, Google or Adobe Analytics.
- Experience with product catalogs of over 10k+ SKUs and identified high-impact feed optimization opportunities.
- The ability to assess and communicate key optimization opportunities.
- You are process driven and continuously look to minimize waste and address inefficiencies
- Strong critical thinking skills coupled with a bias towards action so as to anticipate and navigate the constantly changing marketing landscape
- Collaborator who is able to build positive relationships across the company and drive decision-making
- SQL experience – translating raw data into insights to guide campaign optimization decisions – are a plus
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you’d like. As we hope you’ve seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.