Yelp’s cutting edge performance marketing team is on a mission to help connect consumers with local businesses and service professionals. Our team works together to drive growth and positive contribution margin by acquiring new customers, new businesses, and maximizing yield and revenue from paid marketing channels. The team has large budgets, dedicated support from Google and Bing, and wide-open opportunities for growth.
We are looking for an experienced Search Marketing (SEM) Manager with strong analytical skills, business acumen, and a deep understanding of Search Marketing to join our performance marketing team. You’ll work to optimize portfolio operations of a 7 figure monthly SEM budget in order to drive marketplace growth.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes. This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations for our paid search marketing strategy, setting up campaigns, optimizing bids, ad copy, landing pages and more.
- Obsess over data. You will analyze performance metrics from internal database tools, third party systems, APIs, and data feeds to drive growth in profit.
- Monitor and report on daily SEM portfolio performance using our in-house SEM systems and conduct analysis and investigations using Excel, Tableau, and SQL.
- Create a roadmap for continual innovative testing to drive growth and ongoing optimization to drive efficiencies and achieve performance targets.
- Conduct tests on SEM best practices including:
- Portfolio Expansions
- Traffic Curation
- Ad Copy Testing
- Evaluate test results using Excel & Stat Sig calculators to determine if the results meet success criteria and if they are statistically significant.
- Think big picture, you will prepare, analyze and communicate performance metrics for completed projects to the team and key stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrate flexibility in a constantly changing search ecosystem and stay apprised of latest trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with our in-house analytics and technology teams to conduct performance deep dives and inspire the next generation of our portfolio management tools.
What it takes to succeed:
- 4+ years of experience using Google Adwords and Bing Ads with large keyword portfolios and at least high 6 figure to 7 figure monthly search budgets required.
- Deep understanding of automated search bidding strategies including tCPA & tROAS required.
- Exceptional analytical capabilities and the ability to turn trends into actionable insights and hypothesis.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel is a must (e.g. Power user leveraging Vlookups, pivot tables). Ability to use SQL is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc.).
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills (e.g., communicating, coordinating, building consensus, influencing without authority, listening, being open to other perspectives).
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Work from home reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation range for this position is $89,000 – $150,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual’s location and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.