Major Tom is a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With our headquarters in Vancouver and our team scattered across Canada, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes NYU, COBS Bread, Seneca College, Teck Resources, OUAI and many others!
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are on the lookout for a Manager, Paid Media with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience and proven skills in team management, paid media, client service, and general leadership.
The ideal applicant is highly organized with a demonstrated ability to lead teams through complex paid media projects, as well as a willingness to get your hands dirty with your own roster of clients. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate about growing an energetic team, building strong client relationships, and enhancing our paid media services.
What Experience We’re Looking For:
- 5 years minimum experience in team management & digital advertising – agency experience is an asset
- Can successfully manage any size paid media project, including complex, multi-channel campaigns and substantial media budgets
- Experience in lead generation, e-commerce and awareness performance marketing
- Highly experienced in developing full funnel and go-to-market paid media strategies, executing campaigns across various mediums (Meta, Performance Max, Google Search, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pinterest, DV360, DOOH, Traditional Media Buys, etc.), and presenting insightful reports to clients
- A natural mentor and humble leader, who has experience supporting Paid Media Strategists
- Someone who is passionate about seeing their team excel, while successfully resolving team and/or project conflicts or challenges
- A strong communicator, with excellent written, listening and presentation skills
- A critical thinker who is resourceful and willing to adapt and seek the best solution in all assignments
- Projects confidence, can navigate questions and challenging situations on the spot and can provide solid rationales for recommendations
- Epitomizes collaboration and has experience working with multiple teams to deliver strong digital marketing solutions
- Expertise in the data, reporting and presentation aspects of digital marketing strategies and executions
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and reporting through tools such as Data Studio and Supermetrics
- Understanding of research tools such as SEMRush, GWI, Comscore, Neilsen, Google Trends, and in-platform planners to discover consumer insights
- Not a deal breaker, but experience with A.I. tools to help inform strategy, perform data analysis, and improve campaign performance is a bonus!
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Provide leadership and support to your team of Paid Media Strategists, including but not limited to:
- Hold regular same-page meetings
- Provide ongoing skill-set development & training of your team and beyond
- Maintain a level of personal professional development
- Support with broader company objectives and targets
- Provide guidance and leadership in conflict resolution
- Provide regular reporting, both with regards to your team as well as your own client portfolio
- Manage and maintain a 75% billable utilization time
- Actively manage and support complex paid media strategies, to help clients achieve their business goals
- Work closely with other teams, including our Account Managers, our Creative and our Website Development divisions
- Provide mentorship, guidance and training to both your team and others as needed
- Track and provide solutions to RPRS (Right Person Right Seat) changes with your Group Director. Like identifying the need for additional resources, different skill sets, etc.
- Assist in review and selection of candidates as you grow your team
- Conduct interviews with new candidates, assess their competency, interview exercises, and support with onboarding as needed
- Collaborate with leadership as needed on process enhancements and facilitate rollout and adoption amongst your team
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing services teams on opportunities to expand and improve our skills, service offerings and/or processes
- Stay up-to-date on current trends and technologies in the digital marketing and team management spaces
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within and across teams so we can deliver the best possible solutions and results to our clients and partners!
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it.
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account, so you can take care of yourself and your family.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals.
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind.
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency.
- Access to internal committees led by subject matter experts that are designed to tackle plans or solve problems. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done.
Compensation: $85,000 – $95,000 + benefits
We are open to applicants across Canada. We currently have team members in British Columbia, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta. Our Vancouver team has the option to work from home or the office.