- Job Reference:REQ276568
- Date Posted:
- Location:Plainfield, IN
- Job Type: Full Time
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Area of Responsibility Key Elements and Essential Tasks Time Spent on Task
1. Marketing Strategy Development & Management
- Development of the annual marketing plan for the property based upon the center’s strategic goals.
- Creation of marketing budget to support the marketing plan; ongoing monitoring of the marketing budget; monthly reforecasting and adjustment as needed to meet year-end projections.
- Other responsibilities include analysis of sales and statistical data, financial reporting, public relations, media buying, traditional and digital media management, program results documentation and general administrative duties.
2. Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Develop and effectively execute sales promotions, special events and internal and external communication strategies to drive tenant sales. Include retailers as appropriate.
- Establish an ongoing partnership with tenants to maximize individual store sales through retailer communications/sales promotions/visual merchandising, especially with tenants identified as “key retailers.”
- Work with Regional Marketing Manager to identify and implement all appropriate corporate programs.
- Effectively manage the center’s digital media programs (social media, mobile, web) as applicable.
- Effectively utilize market and consumer research to develop the center’s marketing plan and support the leasing efforts.
- Partner with the Leasing team to support the leasing efforts by compiling relevant information and creating professional, compelling sales materials.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the trade area including all competitive properties, market and customer demographics and available media.
- Partner with Specialty Leasing to develop and implement local and corporate ancillary income opportunities to generate additional revenue for the property.
- Review monthly sales reports to ensure a thorough knowledge of retailer sales; track key retailer and category trends.
- Cultivate and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities, professionally representing the property and JLL.
- Develop an ongoing public relations action plan as needed; send out press releases; track publicity.
- Follow corporate policies and procedures for all programs and events.
- Complete special assignments as directed by the General Manager and/or Regional Marketing Manager.
3. Provide Superior Client Service
- Collaborate with property team and regional resources to achieve client-driven property business goals while ensuring that JLL’s Core Practices are followed.
- Communicate with the client and regional team members as needed or required. Elements of communication to the client and team members may vary and could include: sales narrative; key retailer report; results of marketing for leasing, sales and alternative revenue efforts.
4. Leadership, Motivation and Development
- Serve on Jones Lang LaSalle taskforce as assigned by Regional Marketing Manager.
- If applicable, provide constructive feedback, regular coaching and career development input throughout the year to help employees achieve performance objectives and develop their professional skills and capabilities.
- Schedule and manage day-to day operations of the Customer Service Center (where applicable).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years in retail, marketing, advertising or comparable business experienc
- 1-2 years retail experience preferred
- Computer literate, knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written), special event coordination and management experience along with the ability to multitask.
- Sales/negotiation skills a plus.
- Must have experience in managing budgets
- Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings.
- Strong team player
- Shopping center experience preferred, but not required.
- Sponsorships/revenue generation experience
- CMD designation preferred, but not required.
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Event set-up/tear down; walking the mall and parking lot, sign installation as needed
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.