- Job Reference:BBC/TP/2498250/64079
- Date Posted:
- Location:London, UK
- Job Type: Apprenticeship
- Salary:£19,500 GBP / Year
- Bonus/Benefits:£4,918 London Weighting
- Applications have closed
This apprenticeship will help you understand the power of marketing across the different BBC platforms from traditional methods to digital media platforms. This will also enhance your understanding of key challenges of operating in a rapidly digital world, benefitting from hands on experience in the BBC workplace combined with innovative academic learning.
You will be provided with everything you need to know to successfully deliver live projects in a range of Marketing areas across the BBC. You are also expected to help shape, support and deliver marketing plans, working in conjunction with the leading Marketing experts within the BBC.
- Start Date: 11th September 2023
- Duration: 18 month programme
- Salary: £19,500 plus £4,918 London Weighting for those individuals who have London as their primary work base
- Typically leading to: Permanent role as a Marketing Assistant, Marketing Coordinator or Social Media Assistant
- Locations: London & Salford
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you will work for the Marketing teams across BBC Studios /Public Service. This apprenticeship will help develop your understanding of how the deliver Marketing-related projects to their targeted audience through compelling brand strategies, campaigns and audience engagement.
In addition to learning about Brand and Content Management, you will behelping to deliver and evaluate high quality campaigns that are on brand, on budget and on time, across the digital platforms. This on-the-job experience is geared to developing your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours, in accordance with the apprenticeship standards.
This Marketing Executive Apprenticeship will be delivered by our external Learning Provider over the course of 18 months. During an academic year, you will attend up to 25 days’ worth of virtual instructor led workshops; tutorial sessions; practical and library based research; presentations and group work. The overall programme will be focused on your Level 4 (primary core modules including Marketing Concepts and Theories, Brand and Reputation, Marketing Planning and Campaigns, Business and Commercial Awareness and Stakeholder Management) learning after which point you will progress onto an integrated End Point Assessment (EPA). The EPA will be used to map your collated evidence against the required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 4 qualification in Marketing and to be offered an affiliate membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing. In addition, you will become a permanent member within the BBC Marketing community.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be based within BBC business departments in London or Salford (as per your preferred location as part of your learning journey). The allocated departments include the following; BBC Studios & Chief Operating Officer Group.
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for individuals who have a real passion and an eye for marketing across programming and brands. Anyone from the age of 18+ can apply, including anyone who is looking to change their career. This scheme is suitable for college and school leavers who wish to pursue a career in Marketing, as well as those people undertaking junior roles in that specific field. If you wish to develop your existing knowledge on Marketing and can see yourself working for the BBC then this is the scheme for you.
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have Maths and English GCSEs or Standard (Scotland) at 9-4 (A-C) or equivalent
- You will need A Levels, a relevant Level 3 Apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications
- Be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in September 2023.
- You will want to work in a deadline-driven department across different BBC Marketing teams, ad hoc live advertising campaigns.
- You should have a passion for social media content and a great understanding of the BBC’s output.
- You should be motivated and self-driven. You should be an effective team player with an ability in communicating with various stakeholders internally and externally.
- A salary of £19,500 per year plus London Weighting for those individuals who have London as their primary work base.
- 25 days holiday a year with an option to buy or sell days to suit you, plus bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off called the BBCCorporation Day, between Christmas and New Year.
- Gold-standard industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC staff.
- An experienced mentor to support and guide you during your training.
- A defined contributions pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will be offered a permanent staff position within BBC Marketing.
During the application process we want to learn more about your skills and interests. For further information about the application process please click here
Support with your application:
We are proud to be a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply or interview for a role with the BBC please visit our Early Careers Recruitment page
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here