We are a world-class visitor attraction and leading science research centre. We use the Museum’s unique collections and our unrivalled expertise to tackle the biggest challenges facing the world today. We care for more than 80 million objects spanning billions of years and welcome more than five million visitors annually and 16 million visits to our website.
Today the Museum is more relevant and influential than ever. By attracting people from a range of backgrounds to work for us, we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things.
We employ 900 staff in a variety of roles, all united by our vision of a future where people and planet thrive. We need everyone to have the passion and drive to help us with our mission to create advocates for our planet and inspire millions to care about the natural world.
Diversity and inclusion matter to us.
Our vision is of a future where both people and the planet thrive. Diversity is one of our core values and we strive to build a workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging. All new staff who join us learn about the importance of diversity and inclusion to the Museum and how to contribute to creating an inclusive environment.
We know we have more to do, but we are committed to ensuring that everyone who works at the Museum feels they can thrive and feel valued and respected.
About the role
As a member of the Comms, Digital, Marketing and Publishing team you will help achieve
the Museum’s mission and vision by creating and delivering innovative marketing campaigns that reach the widest possible audience and help to deliver commercial goals.
By engaging our target audiences’ curiosity in the natural world, science and experiential events you will drive ambitious targets. This role will plan and deliver marketing activity for teachers and other school audiences, as well as engaging with science audiences of all levels and abilities, including capturing the imagination of the general public, activating people to help us in our research through our citizen science programmes.
This role combines hands-on delivery of campaigns with data-informed planning, stakeholder engagement and budget management. You will be responsible for the complete campaign cycle – content and creative generation, media planning and buying, delivery across email and social as well as reporting and adapting campaigns to optimise response in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for an individual with a strong digital marketing background. You should have a keen interest in Museums and the environment, have a naturally curious outlook and be continually striving to learn and grow.
You will have experience across the complete marketing cycle from ideas generation, content creation, media planning, bought and owned media delivery, optimisation, reporting and analysis. Including working with digital marketing channels including paid search, display and paid social media. You optimise your campaigns by using data analytics and insight.
- Thriving at the Museum: the way we work
We are proud to work at the Museum and have identified the qualities we all need to embody to reach our shared ambition. This sits alongside the Museum’s values and forms the framework for the way we work.
What we offer
- 27.5 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (full time equivalent)
- Generous defined contribution Natural History Museum Pension Scheme (employer contribution 4 – 10%)
- Season ticket, bicycle and rental loan
- Life insurance
- Free admission to our exhibitions and many other paid exhibitions at museums, galleries and institutions across London and the UK.
- Staff discount at our Museum shops and cafes
- We offer a wide variety of training initiatives and opportunities to build skills. Investing in staff development is important to us, and we are ambitious about helping staff to grow and fulfil their potential.
- Affordable membership to the Civil Service Sports Council which offers a range of benefits including an extensive list of special offers and reduced entry fees at a selection of cinema chains, theme parks, theatres, retailers and supermarkets. It also provides entry to up to 300 English Heritage sites and other national treasures. For more details, visit https://www.cssc.co.uk
- Membership to our Sports and Social Association (for a small fee), which includes access to our in-house gym and clubs such as football, softball, table tennis and tennis and classes in Middle Eastern dance, yoga and Tai Chi
How to apply
If that sounds like you, please click ‘apply now’ and apply on the Natural History Museum’s careers portal