- Job Reference:34751
- Date Posted:
- Recruiter:BNY Mellon
- Location:New York, NY
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:$73,100 - $130,000 USD / Year
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
As a leading wealth manager, BNY Mellon Wealth Management is focused on helping successful individuals and their families build, manage and sustain their wealth across generations and market cycles. Through a unique service model focused on five Active Wealth practices – Investing, Borrowing, Spending, Managing Taxes, Protecting Legacies – they help clients in the U.S. and abroad achieve stronger after-tax performance to help maintain their wealth over generations.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of Specialist, Marketing & Communications to join our Wealth Management team. This role is located in New York, NY.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- Implements marketing projects in support of the firm’s key strategic initiatives and business goals in addition to day-to-day support of brand awareness, client acquisition, client and employee engagement.
- Applies strong writing and communications skills.
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with internal and external resources to support activities. Provides technical guidance, as needed.
- Contributes the development and implementation of annual marketing and communication and results measurement.
- Establishes good working relationships with internal teams.
- Collaborates with business partners to help formulate decision criteria.
- Keeps abreast of industry/segment trends, market climates and competitive activities, to recommend ways to leverage opportunities among colleagues.
- Adheres to policies and procedures and is familiar with company practices.
- May lead special projects/ initiatives for the function or business unit.
- Acts with a clear sense of accountability supporting functional or business initiatives.
- Proactively identifies obstacles and recommends solutions.
- No direct reports, may provide guidance to less experienced staff or project leadership on a limited basis.
- Manages to approved budget, submits expenses.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 5-7 years of related experience preferred,
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $73,100 and $130,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.