The business (Excalibur Group) is owned by Exponent Private Equity and DMGT, but run on an entirely standalone basis. Excalibur Group consists of the UK and Ireland properties for Wowcher and LivingSocial. Wowcher has grown from inception in April 2011 to become one of the leading daily deal sites in the UK and one of the fastest growing e-commerce businesses in the UK. LivingSocial is a similar business to Wowcher and merged with Wowcher to form Excalibur Group in 2015.
Wowcher LivingSocial’s culture is characterised by entrepreneurialism, analytical rigour and a willingness to go the extra mile to help the business succeed.
Marketing and CRM Department:
The Marketing and CRM department have full control and visibility over a consumer’s lifecycle and interaction with us as a brand. We build strong brand awareness through our ATL marketing, drive initial visitation and subscriptions through our various digital marketing channels and maximise engagement and loyalty through personalisation within our push marketing channels. As a team we are constantly optimising and growing our marketing activity through data driven decisions all with a unified goal of acquiring new users and keeping those users active and engaged with our brand.
The business insight team support with BAU reporting, adhoc analysis and the creation of bespoke personalisation algorithms which are used within email and push notifications.
The whole team have access to several data manipulation tools like python, SQL and Adobe Analytics which means we can really dig into the data that is driving fluctuations in performance. We have a constant test and learn approach within each area of marketing, ensuring knowledge of any successes (or failures) are shared amongst the wider team. We pride ourselves on being a smart, enthusiastic, and motivated team, who strive to grow and improve year after year.
Main Responsibilities – Marketing Analyst (75%):
This role is for search & shopping marketing analyst across both LivingSocial and Wowcher across UK and Ireland. This role will report to the Head of Performance Marketing and assist in executing the marketing strategy by working closely with our paid search agency on our Search (brand, non-brand, Bing) and Google shopping campaigns. The focus will be on driving new customer acquisition and growing existing customer engagement. All decisions will be data driven and in line with ROI, Registration volume, CPR and Customer LTV KPIs. The successful candidate will need to have a strong grasp of numbers and interpret data in order to problem solve with real tangible suggestions and optimisations.
Main Responsibilities – Commercial Analyst (25%):
• Run and maintain daily/monthly reports tracking business area performance against targets. Understanding the data in these reports is essential to be able to analyse and explain anomalies or trends in the data to the exec team.
• Design and create daily/weekly/monthly reports as the business requires (in Excel and SQL)
• Perform bespoke analysis to help answer management, financial and strategic questions
• Debate output, insight and commercial implication of the analysis to the business
• Search and Shopping is a key source of traffic and revenue, we have a wide gamut of PPC campaigns (Google, Microsoft Bing) across brands & marketplaces – Wowcher(UK), LivingSocial (UK & Ireland) – that will need to be actively optimised alongside our Search agency under the supervision of Head of Performance Marketing
• Monitor feed health of all the above google shopping feeds on Google Merchant Center and troubleshoot errors and disapprovals as required
• Support the day to day execution of key projects to successfully deliver the strategy and targets set out by the Head of Performance Marketing as well as ad hoc requests from the business
• Monitor, analyse and comprehensively report on detailed campaign performance with KPIs, trends and actions both on a monthly and weekly basis and communicate it to management and business team as required
• Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests to deliver category and revenue growth
Cross team collaboration:
• Work closely with our search agency to run tests, monitor performance and ensure the optimisation of our weekly, monthly budgets to deliver ROI, registration volume, CPR targets
• Liaise with various sales & business teams to understand and support business needs
• Support senior manager in interactions with the business intelligence, CRM, product and tech department as required to troubleshoot and fix issues related to traffic, tracking, reporting
Experience and Skills Required
• 0-2 years of relevant Search Engine Marketing, PPC experience, either within an agency or client side in a performance marketing role
• Hands on experience planning, setting up and running PPC campaigns (Google, Microsoft Bing)
• Experience with Google Shopping
• Strong working knowledge of Google Ads features, Google Merchant Center, Google Analytics, Bidding strategies.
• Excellent communication and copywriting skills
• Experience with SQL, Excel preferred
• Strong grasp of numbers with good analytical, reporting /excel skills
• Recent degree in Marketing/Web-related, Maths, or Science discipline preferred
• Results driven hard worker with a ‘can do’, problem-solving attitude
• Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and independently