Pomelo is on a mission to improve the lives of immigrants and their loved ones abroad by extending the U.S. credit system internationally. We are proud to be the first fintech company to combine international money transfer and credit, making money transfers refreshingly free, fast, and secure.
As an early-stage start-up, we are building a product that rethinks what money transfer can do for people, existing at the intersection of family, personal finance, consumer credit, and global remittances.
We’re a team of ~30 and are growing our San Francisco headquarters. Our investors include Keith Rabois of Founders Fund (CEO at Opendoor, former COO of Square), Kevin Hartz (Co-founder/CEO of Xoom), The Chainsmokers, The Weeknd, and more.
As our Head of Growth Marketing, you will be responsible for acquiring new customers as effectively and efficiently as possible. You’ll launch and manage digital marketing campaigns, deploy a test-and-learn framework on all our channels, and spearhead our launch into global markets. You’ll work cross-functionally to help establish Pomelo as the best money transfer alternative, extending US-based credit to the planet.
You will collaborate across teams (including Product and Engineering) to drive new user growth and achieve our business objectives. Pomelo is targeting new customers in countries globally, starting in SE Asia and Latin America. You’ll launch campaigns country-by-country that will effectively get new customers on the Pomelo card. The ideal candidate for this role will be both strategic and tactical in their operations, business-minded, and will have experience in high-volume B2C performance marketing.
- Own your channels: Drive steady growth across Paid Search, Paid Social and help uncover new channels
- Help us find true product-market fit by positioning Pomelo properly and understanding what genuinely resonates with our customers
- Test, Test, Test: From ideation to go-live, you’ll manage and groom the testing agenda, methodically building upon learnings and documenting insights along the way
- Set and meet growth goals: Increase customers and lower CAC while understanding LTV and customer behavior
- Measure everything and experiment: Have a deep understanding of attribution and big-picture ROI on the various initiatives and campaigns
- Typically 5+ years in a growth role where you have designed and managed campaigns that have directly impacted the customer pipeline
- Experience deploying multi-channel marketing campaigns, including both digital (Facebook ads, Google ads, SEO) and offline (TV, events, mail) media
- Expertise in evaluating campaign performance, deriving insights, and then tweaking them to improve efficacy (plan, execute, measure, improve)
- Experience with Product Analytics tooling (Mixpanel, Amplitude), SQL, and Excel
- Proven experience in a leadership/ownership role, with the ability to navigate between high-level strategic thinking and detailed operational execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, or related field
- Experience at a startup, in the remittance industry, and/or working with an international customer base is a plus
Pomelo takes a market-based approach to compensation, offering equity and a base salary as part of the compensation package. The estimated base salary range for this role is $136,250 – $176,750 per year. Exact compensation may differ from this range and depends on the candidate’s experience, domain expertise, and interview performance.
More About Us
Our culture and values
We’re a consumer fintech company, and we’re an early-stage startup. These things have shaped our culture and values. Below are our values:
- Earn the trust of our customers. As a startup, our customers come first, and as a fintech startup, their trust in us is paramount. We don’t take the opportunity to serve them for granted.
- Be relentless. Startups are hard and filled with adversity. We persevere through challenges, focus on impact, and strive to always be shipping, learning, and improving.
- Integrity in every language. We strive to always do what’s right, both for ourselves and for our customers around the globe.
- Show your work. Successful teams run on trust, and proactive transparency builds trust. We love holding ourselves accountable by openly sharing our progress, and we love empowering our team by openly sharing business context. We also document extensively, to help us more effectively together as we grow.
- Leadership at every level. We want every team member to own whole problems and feel empowered to go wherever those problems take them. We also aim to lift others up and make others better.
Benefits and Perks
- ❤️ A meaningful mission and an opportunity for direct social impact. We’re putting real money back in the hands of the people who need it most and helping immigrants and their families realize the American dream.
- 👥 An amazing team and culture. You’ll have peers from both top tech companies (e.g. Google, Twitter, Microsoft) and other successful startups (e.g. Affirm, Remitly, MemSQL). We empower each other to do great work and continue growing.
- 💪 Opportunity for major impact, learning, and growth.
- 🏥 Platinum-level health insurance (medical, dental, vision) — with 100% covered by the company for you and 50% for dependents.
- 🌴 PTO: 3 weeks in your first year, 4 weeks thereafter, plus national holidays
- ✈️ $1,500 annual travel stipend
- 😌 $300 annual wellness stipend
- 🖥 $500 home office setup stipend
- 🗺 Twice-a-year company retreats. Previous trips include skiing in Park City and getting sun and surf in Cabo, Mexico.