We’re looking for a passionate, commercially minded marketing specialist to lead the Mobility Growth & Engagement marketing team for Uber. In this role, you will manage the team tasked with increasing penetration & growth across our highest priority products and audiences and will build world class, through the funnel marketing campaigns to drive both brand and business impact. You will specialise in middle of funnel, retail and/or field marketing, have a strong creative eye and exceptional commercial acumen. This role will report into the Regional Head of Marketing for North America and will work closely with key cross-functional partners, such as our brand, product & performance marketing teams.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exceptional team in a fast-paced and rewarding environment!
What You’ll Do
- Strategy & Planning: Lead the strategy, planning and KPI setting for the Growth & Engagement marketing team, including aligning on business objectives and priorities, defining the product and audience specific growth narrative for the year, developing a strategy to meet brand/business goals, and crafting the G&E campaigns calendar.
- Campaigns Strategy & Execution: Lead the strategy & development of each campaign & growth lever, ensuring strong briefs, clear processes and exceptional execution. You and your team will specialize in middle & through-the-funnel campaigns, with a focus on field marketing and retail campaigns.
- Agency & Creative Management: Work directly with multiple agencies, internal creative, production, business affairs, and PR agencies to build break-through, consumer-centric work that is focused on driving short and medium term audience growth, product trial and overall user engagement.
- Analytics & Measurement: Work with Business and Marketing Analytics teams to develop robust and strategic analyses that inform both what we prioritize and how we execute. You will also work hand in hand with Research & Insights to define the measurement strategy and approach and will review campaign performance, identify learnings, and socialize results to ensure continuous improvement.
- Business Integration: Serve as a strategic partner to the Operations teams, helping to bring a brand/consumer lens to key business discussions while ensuring that our growth and engagement marketing plans are delivering on critical growth goals.
- Budget Management: Oversee a sizable marketing budget that will be allocated to field marketing and growth focused marketing campaigns. Work closely with Marketing Ops and Finance on an ongoing basis to ensure forecasts are accurate and work is on budget.
- Team Management: Manage a team of experienced marketers, leading and developing them to drive for excellence. Prioritize projects across the team to ensure balance while ensuring business needs are being met.
- 8+ years of consumer marketing experience, specializing in a combination of field marketing, retail marketing and middle & through the funnel marketing
- Proven track record of delivering successful and commercially driven strategic marketing plans that are designed to drive audience growth and user engagement
- Exceptional commercial acumen & strong data and analytical skills with proficiency in Excel/Google sheets.
- Data-led decision making; you should be able to interpret extensive data and identify the opportunities for growth and optimization.
- Experience leading & developing best in class campaigns, with a proven ability to develop robust G2M plans and break through creative executions
- You have worked directly with and managing external creative and media agencies
- People management experience (managing, growing, and developing teams)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting and sharing work with executive leadership.
- Strong leadership presence and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
- Collaboration and the ability to work with a large number of teams across multiple countries, time-zones, backgrounds and disciplines.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items and a desire to create and build new processes to enable organizational efficiencies.
- Self-motivation and drive. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting to push projects to completion.
- Working familiarity with SQL a plus!
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $180,000 per year – $200,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $180,000 per year – $200,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber’s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.